1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New sort by/ Genre ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by idpaul, Nov 2, 2008.

1. idpaul

idpaul Active Member

Sorting & Searching

Sort by ideas:
    with Screenshots uploaded
    5 star only
    4 star only
    3 star only
    Cost Low to High
    Cost High to Low

Genre ideas:
    Single player
    Multiplayer

2. GRIMEYtheFATMAN

GRIMEYtheFATMAN Well-Known Member

How about "driving" for titles that aren't exactly racing, such as the first two Driver games, Crazy Taxi, Spy Hunter and 007 Racing(yeah, I know...)?

Maybe "vehicular combat" as well?

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

There's not enough difference between driving an racing, a game such as Vigilante 8 would be Racing/Action then.

4. richard_brooksid

richard_brooksid Well-Known Member

Code:
    [b]I second the idea of additional searching abilities from the original post[/b].  There have been times when I just wanted to browse through the titles but only those with a 4 or 5 star rating.  Having the ability to sort by clicking on the stars (or similar) would be a very cool addition.   

5. Seph

You can sort by rating, but limiting it to x amount of stars won't happen. The queries become insanely complex then and it becomes difficult to create index cover for the query. Without index cover the server will die doing too much search in the database.

At the moment the code simply isn't capable of having many more sorting options and I don't see that changing in the next few months, maybe once we've done the other things we want to do.

6. richard_brooksid

richard_brooksid Well-Known Member

Ahhh, that makes sense. No problem and thanks for letting us know. One thing I like about RomU over other forum sites is that our questions do not go unanswered/ignored.

Thanks again

7. imsteve

imsteve New Member

It would be nice to have a 'New' Section for Roms

:) :) :) :) :)

8. Seph

Sort by release id, for other systems we have RSS feeds (see your home options), but they're hardly ever updated.