1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New RPG 3D for the NDS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sanderenrianne, Jul 8, 2009.

1. sanderenrianne

sanderenrianne Active Member

Mmm, looks nice.

Can't find anything about a release date..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AUSTIN, TEXAS – July 7, 2009 – Aspyr Media and Big Blue Bubble have partnered to launch Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain for Nintendo DS™. Based on the legendary book series by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson, Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain is a first-person fantasy role-playing game that takes players on an elaborate adventure through the Firetop Mountain Keep, the scene of the first entry in the renowned literary line. With a highly optimized 3D engine, dynamic lighting and highly detailed, full-frame animations, Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain fully immerses players in the dank, eerie depths of each dungeon and passage.

Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain follows a lone adventurer on his travels through the old Dwarven keep within Firetop Mountain. Now the residence of an evil warlock and hordes of foul creatures, the keep is a mysterious and dangerous place from which no one has returned in many years. As players guide the adventurer through the many passageways and dungeons, they develop the character’s abilities and attributes to suit their play style. Enemies will fall before the player’s brute strength with sword and axe, power of the arcane arts, nimble quickness or custom combinations of skills. A wealth of weaponry, armor, potions and enchantments are equipped through an intuitive drag-and-drop inventory system while helpful (or not-so-helpful) NPCs provide guidance, quests, trade goods and skill training.

> http://www.bigbluebubble.com/index.php?page=game_detail&cat_id=115&game_id=473

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Re: New RGP 3D for the NDS

Looks like Orcs & Elves.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

It does. And the graphics don't seem to be any better.

If anything, it would be better third person.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The graphics of the game were meant to be partially reflected on the original look of the original game.

5. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

the graphics looks nice for DS

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

hmmm, not really that nice, but since its a FPS, i'm not playing it.

7. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

You can't really play FPS on the ds...

8. sanderenrianne

Why not? FPS is FPS.

Okey, mouse and keyboard is the best way to play FPS.
    (especially multiplayer online)

I hated to play any FPS with a gamepad.

Played a lot of years FPS multiplayer FPS online... then if you play a FPS
    with a gamepad, you feel like a kinda disabled person.

Can't wait when C.O.R.E. will be released :p

9. marzz92

No, i mean using the touchscreen to play FPS isn't a really good way to play them. I prefer playing then on Com. That time i was playing Metriod, the Fps version on ds. Man, was it hard

10. insanecrazy07

Man I really do feel like a disabled person playing FPS on a gamepad. Especially aiming. It's slooooooooooow.

Computer is the ONLY way to really get the FPS feel.

11. marzz92

yea, thats what i mean insanecrazy

12. AdrianMorales

AdrianMorales Active Member

If it's anything like Mazes of Fate then sign me up.

PS: Have you guys played The Ward, Moon, Call of Duty, Brothers in Arms? These games are amazing and the stylus based controls are awesome:)

13. sanderenrianne

He's talkin bout a gamepad, not the stylus dude ;)

Doesn't matter. Anyway, for real FPS gaming, (like i said before) with multiplayer online gaming a mouse + keyboard is
    recommended.

14. insanecrazy07

gamepad, meaning anything that's not a keyboard + mouse.
    that goes for stylus, PSP, PS3, 360, Xbox, gamecube, wiimote + nunchuk, whatever.

15. sanderenrianne

Clear.

If i had to choose for playing FPS on anything other machine then a PC with mouse + keyboard, i would choose for the NDS because the stylus becomes the closest to the mouse for aiming.

EDIT:

Btw, the standard stylus sucks.
    I've got a stretchable metal stylus that was included with my EZ Flash V plus card.

16. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Wow this looks like it would be a great FPS game though

17. bobamammoth

bobamammoth Member

i think you'll find the ds does alright with fps games.... metroid hunters for a start... the problem is that no-one's making them properly... like CORE or MOON... those games we're pretty shite... i think Fighting Fantasy will be pretty good in comparison.... when does it get released?

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not bad...reminds me of doom graphics...

19. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Far as I have discovered its looking like Nov 25th.

20. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

I've played an early version of this at a trade show - looking very promising.