1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Romulation Layout!? Thoughts and opinions on it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by musiclegend14, Jul 2, 2009.

1. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

I just noticed that they just changed up quite a few things on the main romulation site. I like the changes.

Post what you think about it and what you like and dislike

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

There's a bloody news thing with comments in the main site and not on the forum.

3. musiclegend14

wow i didn't notice it

the news posts didn't load before i came here

my bad

4. burgerman1379

burgerman1379 Member

it looks really good but i miss the side panel

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

It looks a lot cleaner & simpler now, so much so that it looks too basic. But it's a good thing, as they say, "Never judge a book by its cover".

6. ADGS231

ADGS231 Well-Known Member

Its great but i dont like how the member stat are, they are so basic for romulation layout. then down that say News, and the contain that is in, the same with Latest NDS ROM Additions, Latest Forum Post and romulation's most download roms.

7. musiclegend14

idk i like it, its clean and simple and i think it works a lot better than the old layout.

however i do wish they would put a random rom search so people can stumble upon games they probably wouldn't have found otherwise. like you can select the platform and region and hit search and it will randomly select a rom for you to try.

8. riiperotc

riiperotc Guest

i love the format that romulation is going with. it spread out more more easier to surf through and get to certain parts in this site.

9. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Also loved it. I think it's a cleaner, professional look that's very representative and friendly to new users. Another step forward for RomUlation, I suppose.
    The "Random Rom" / "I'm Feeling Lucky" search could be implemented in the Advanced Search option?

10. musiclegend14

yeah possibly in the advanced search, i think people would love it

11. Shromz

Shromz Member

Im trying to remember what the old one looked like..........

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

http://web.archive.org/web/20071214210455/https://www.romulation.org/ :)

13. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

IT'S A COOOOLLLL ONEE, So better than the old one
    I checked the web half an hour ago because i always go to the forum section not the main site one..hehe.
    :D

14. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Nice layout there,even if it just a little..hehe :)
    Now it's easy to access profile and forum..

15. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i dont like the new design.

16. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

I like it but I got used to the old one

17. NightKry

NightKry Active Member

The new layout is sweet. Just wish the colors were a bit better... Or at least let us have options... ;D

18. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

It does annoy me that it takes 2 clicks to get to the forum, but no biggie :p could be worse.
    Overall its not an IMPROVEMENT imo, but it's no worse, its just different

19. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Some things on the back-end part of the site were vastly improved and are now simply awesome.

And of course, with a new layout annoyances still have to be processed. If there are a lot of people finding two-click-forum-access annoying, then it'll probably become one click again.

20. Girogex

Girogex Guest

STOP CHANGING ROMULATION OR I SHALL UNLEASH MY ALTER EGO GIROGEXION. RAWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.