1. This forum is in read-only mode.

new rival to the iphone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dmac154, May 14, 2008.

1. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

so there is a new 'touch'able interface phone about to enter the global market. Its called the Touch Diamond, kind of a catchy name, in my opinion.
    The article says that its smaller and lighter than the Iphone, its major contender. i wonder how its specs with match up to the Iphone after its new release in june? any comments? you know what to do....

link to the article:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/18364

2. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

all phones are going the touch way. the LG viewty looks the best as far as i've seen. and i would never want an iphone seeing as ipods are the worst mp3 player all you money can buy.

3. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

it looks pretty good. but it only has 100 mb internal memory, but has an expandable slot. i like the nokia N95 better than the iphone and viewty

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

But DS has the original touh screen, once they make a DS-like phone, cellphones are dead :)

5. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Sounds like a phone I'll never buy.

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Thank you. ;D

Well, that's what we have laptops for, eh?
    I said eh, eh?

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's been plenty of rivals, such as the Samsung Touch Player. Or was it Philip, can't remember.

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

IIRC PDA long have a touch screen before DS have them, and there is also a PDA phone before iPhone were in the market.

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

By original, I meant how widely used it is in our gen, opposed to PDA's

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

My Nokia 6131 can do anything the iPhone can do (except touch screen), can do it better (in the UK at least), is smaller and doesn't cost me £1k a year.

11. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Im loving my Lg Viewty. Has loads of games and can do almost anything. Only thing i hate is that it is all touch screen hich is hard to use at times.

12. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Ds stylus :)

13. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

The iPhone won't be going anywhere any time soon, even if they release a $50 touch screen phone that does more than it can. The bottom line - if the word Apple or their logo is anywhere near it, people will buy it.

14. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i won't, any product that is not a pc with their logo is always going to be horrible and plagued with problems

15. neoxman

neoxman Member

I would never buy an iPhone because:

1. It's too expensive for a phone which you should really only need to make calls and message people anyway.

2. You would be mugged for it very quickly if you pulled it out too much.

16. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Don't foget the screen will get scratched soon

17. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I had a W950i, touchscreen phone, and I have to say having a touch screen on a phone is the stupidest idea ever. It was the most awkward, difficult to use phone ive ever had, using the touchscreen to call and text was a massive pain in the ass. only bonus was that it had 4Gig internal memory, but that still wasnt enough to make me keep it. Ill never get a touchscreen phone again.

18. neoxman

neoxman Member

That too :p!

19. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

well, i have a crap phone with nothing
    no camera, bluetooth, mp3 player, it cant even recieve mms's!!!
    and people complain "my N95 is 3 weeks old, i want an Iphone"
    and i want world piece, but it aint gonna happen

im lucky, my mum knows this guy who can get me a Sony Ericsson K850i for christmas, although its pre-owned, it'll cost 230$, not the usual 800$
    and im lucky for that, i just got my phone earlier this year
    AND
    now and, this is the bit that really pisses me off
    i know people who are with optus, they are with turbo charge (LOTS OF EXTRA CREDIT), get 2 recharges a month at 100$. thats like nearly 1000$ credit a month, plus 30, 50 extra dollars here and there...
    and they complain they have no credit. WTF!!??!!?!?
    I GET 30$ A MONTH
    no, not a month sorry, for 2 months!!! iv had credit for nearly 1 month now, and i havent even used 10 dollars yet!! AND iv used about 3 or 4 free sms's, maybe 5 minutes of my free calls! i have nearly 300 free minutes and about 270 free sms's
    and people still complain
    god help us all

EDIT: oh, and just to clear things up, N95 rips the iphone, and K850i destroys the N95 so, yea. Iphobe sucks :)
    EDIT 2: rofl, iphobe - thats what i am, an iphobe.... im scared of IPHONES!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH