1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Nintendo home console to be revealed at E3 2011, to be released in 2012

Discussion in 'General News' started by markswan, Apr 26, 2011.

1. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/25/nintendos-wii-successor-will-be-revealed-at-e3-launching-in-2012/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/25/iwata-making-3d-the-focal-point-of-the-next-nintendo-system-would-be-difficult/

Without any solid details about the console at the moment, the discussion is going to be limited to a degree. However, I think it would still be fun to discuss this anyhow; it will be interesting to see how peoples' opinions change as more details come to light. I also think that it would be fun if people don't post fanboy junk, back up statements with facts and stay on topic :)

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I heard they will still be going with the Wiimote crap even though they have a different controller being made. Hopefully not since i;m getting pretty sick of the whole "waggle" crap.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

That's Nintendo for you, never giving crap to Global recession or major disasters. As if the Japanese can afford buying luxuries like a new console after the series of earthquakes that hit.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

actually their profits are down 66%, a large proportion of the drop will be due to the tsunami.

5. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't they develop a new console?

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

It's not about console development, it's about capitalist insensitivity...

"The grabbing hands grab all they can, everything counts in large amounts..."

Add to this the effects of Piracy on videogames sales...

7. Loonylion

piracy is very minor contributor.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Going a bit off topic for a minute:

I just wonder how many more years the console wars will go on?

PC (or just simply computer system based) videogaming has evolved & improved in the past years that it can hold its own against console gaming. I was kinda hoping that either the gaming industry shifts towards PC based systems or the big videogames companies like Nintendo would just release games for the PC platform instead of producing consoles. My main argument here would be that it's easier & more practical to upgrade computer parts if your system isn't up to the minimal requirements of newer games whereas if a new console is released not only will your old games not be playable on the new console, console companies like Nintendo will eventually stop support for your old games & consoles & you'll eventually end up with a rather "priceless" paper weight. Then seeing as there is still demmand for their older games instead of the newer ones, they (Nintendo) will milk the success of those old titles by re-selling them to you under their "virtual console" label.

9. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

i got told itll be called nintendo stream or stream cast i dont think its stream cast

10. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

IGN reported that Stream is allegedly a possible name. They also reported that the hardware would go beyond the PS3's.
    We'll see which rumors are accurate.

So you really believe all entertainment and luxury corporations should just stop any new development of products due to a severe earthquake?

11. Loonylion

for a tsunami that caused tens of thousands of deaths and destroyed half the company's home country a little compassion wouldn't go amiss.

12. darkrequiem

If Japan based companies paused all production of products set to be released in 2011-2012 due to a 2011 Earthquake, that would accomplish nothing beneficial.
    Besides, Nintendo has donated 3.6 million USD to Earthquake relief, which "triggered other game publishers, including Namco Bandai, 5PB and Sony to make donations and to take part in campaigns to assist the victims."

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with capitalism? Here in the states, I love it. I would rather have it than any other type of system there currently is in the world. (And yes, I know it's not pure capitalism, but a humbugary of little things.)

Anyways. I can't wait for this. As for the Japanese part, I don't think it's Nintendo's fault. It was probably introduce this or fail as a company.

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

finally nintendo is releasing Wee Wee.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

How about letting the victims save enough money & more important stuff to rebuild & start a new before buying frivolous items?

How about the recession your country is still trying to recover from? Capitalism is one of the causes for that you know?

Personally I want Nintendo to crash & burn :p

Yes you read that right, I want Nintendo to go bankrupt. Ever since their dickish move to not support backward compatibility to curb piracy & that douchebag virtual console garbage that "let's you download *cough* pay for*cough* an old game you've probably bought before on an older defunct console so they can milk more money from you, I've lost faith in "Big N".

And don't you even feel bad for wasting money on a new release of a console with few bells & whistles added? Take for example the DS, how many releases did Nintendo did for the DS? Phat (original), Lite, DSI.... three versions of the same damn thing with maybe one or two gimmicks from the last :p

And what of the DSI? Wasn't it released just a year before the 3DS? Total waste of money I say.... and now another piece of garbage? Sheesh.

As I said earlier, PC gaming should be the way to go, less waste more bank for your buck.

We tested the PH levels in your water park & we found that the water in your park is all pee, there was no H"...

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

If Nintendo goes down, so do Pokemon.....

17. Loonylion

its well past time pokemon went down anyway

18. darkrequiem

lolwut?
    Those victims could simply save money regardless if Nintendo releases a new console or not. It's called self-control.

I'll respect your seething hatred of Nintendo, but they have no obligation to cease production due to an earthquake.

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

How can you save money after you've lost everything? You really can't "move on" immediately after a disaster like that you know...

Self-control you say?

What's more important? Rebuilding your house or some stupid probably $300USD console that'll be phased out in a year or two?

20. darkrequiem

That's my point. I'd think those victims would know not to buy the Nintendo system when they need all the money they can save, regardless of whether Nintendo released it or not.

Once again, I repeat: Nintendo has no obligation to cease production due to your odd worries that victims would buy a Nintendo console even while they are homeless.

Also, they phase out consoles about every 5/6 years, and that's necessary for them to compete with Sony and Microsoft.