1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Nintendo DS Coming OUT!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by eddie jayco, Sep 30, 2008.

1. eddie jayco

eddie jayco Member

A new NDS with a camera and music playback capabilities will come out early 2009 in Japan!

More on this Thursday at a Nintendo press release!

(Pob. not going to buy another DS just yet though.)

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Links. Speculation is not credible without them.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/092808-report-nintendo-to-launch-new.html
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54965
    http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/09/nikkei-new-nint.html

3. leafpanda

leafpanda Active Member

It seems plausible but while the newspaper released the article there was no citation or comment from Nintendo of Japan nor America. The only comment was something like "we're always developing new things."

4. 62LOL

62LOL New Member

Console widely used by children + camera + wifi?
    Nintendo... :-[

5. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

Wasnt the rumor just about the double touch screens?
    First I buy my GBA and then a week later the GBA SP comes out >.>
    I cant believe they are doing this to me again. I have the fat original NDS and I was very pissed when they released the lite version.

6. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with my NDS lite regardless. I already have a mini-laptop for camera and wifi. Dammit, Nintendo, stop trying to drain my money :p .

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Only rumours sorry.

8. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

its just a camera... i have a camera on my phone forget that

9. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

yes but itll open it up to 'camera games' probably something similar to PS2s eye toy.

10. Barathrum

they might be making it to stop rom production :OOOO

11. anandjones

Maybe Almo. Would suck if that made the screens larger, would completely make the NDS ROMs screens too stretched.

12. Rhamsey

Rhamsey Member

well its confirmed now, the screens are only going to be slightly bigger. oh, and a sd card slot? does that mean that maybe we can throw stuff on their instead of using r4 and its other clones?
    plus, the new free web browser (i hope its better than the old one) and lack of the gba slot i never used (and would normally get dust in my ds instead) sounds pretty sweet.

oh, here are the links to images http://www.dsfanboy.com/photos/nintendo-dsi/1069064/full/
    and this talks about the product http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/02/nintendo-officially-unveils-nintendo-dsi/

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No. The R4 etc uses its firmware to make the rom file appear to be a legitimate game.

14. Rhamsey

Rhamsey Member

oh, interesting... still an interesting feature since they are giving us music playback

15. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

LOL !!! Shame on both of use, same story on my side. So honistly whats the point in havin a camara on a new DS ? Thats like ..
    Erm.

i cant think of somthing stupid right now so i wont bother, but honistly i think its stupid trying to add a camara

16. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

As long as my Lite can play any new games, I have no interest in the DSi. Cameras? Seriously? IMO, the camera on the front completely ruins the look of the DS.

Don't care about the SD slot. My R4 plays music just fine.

DSWare? Well, we have emulators for that... ;D

So all in all, not a compelling upgrade in the slightest.

And, is it just me or does it look really cheap now the gloss is gone?

EDIT: Uh oh... according to GamePro, the DS Lite won't be able to play games specifically developed for the DSi. Then again, it's unlikely Nintendo will release many games that are incompatible because of the millions of DS Lites out there.
    Also, battery life has decreased: "...3 hours to 14 hours on the DSi versus 5 hours to 19 hours on the DS Lite"
    Yet another reason not to upgrade...

Link: GamePro article

17. Reider

Reider Modereider

Only thing I dislike about it is the fact that they removed the GBA port.

18. anandjones

Yeah, that's going to suck. The SD slot support would probably be for music and such. This doesn't really interest me though. They're going to probably stretch the screen (or an option to) for regular DS games in this. Hopefully (if they did) they would wrap it good so it doesn't get pixelated.

19. Barathrum

The SD slot is useless if you have a big enough micro SD for whatever falshcard you use. And i only use my DS to play games, not take pics... I probably wouldn't get this

20. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

I think i will wait 2 years untill the next generation of handhelds come out