1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New iPod Touch FaceTime?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miros, Sep 4, 2010.

1. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I just recently found out about the newly updated iPod Touch. If you did not know already, one of its main feature includes the ability to make video calls amongst other iPod and iPhone 4 users. However my question is, do you guys think that this FaceTime feature will extend the limits of calling other devices that offer video chat, ie. desk top computers and laptops, anytime in the near future? Personally, I think that HP will release their upcoming tablet PC, the Slate, before FaceTime will be extending their servies to devices or offer compatibility with Skype and other VoIP services. If that is the case, then the market will defiantly go for the device that runs an actual operating system and does not skimp over the restrictions that the new iPod is imposing over competing products. What do you guys think?
    miros

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I would just purchase a laptop.

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

http://d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

That's what I think.

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

lolz

I think it will be pretty useless as you have phones.

5. doughboy

doughboy Guest

i dislike apple.........but i am willing to try their products out (by friends).............[or any other product for that matter]
    and i gotta say im not impressed, the feel of their products in general are different.........its like its missing something.........
    they are a waste of money..........

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Facetime is cool and all but there's not really a useful feature and it only works for people with iPhone 4s. Which, how many people have one? Not many. I have an iPhone 4 and I don't know anyone else who does. Also, it's not as good looking as it is in the commercials (it has lag and the quality isn't that great) and it only works legit with a constant wifi connection.

I doubt this will make an urgency to make more video calling type gimmicks on other devices. It is a gimmick and there literally is no useful feature for it. As if you want to show something to someone, you can just send it through SMS, and if you want to call someone, just call them. That and Apple is closed doors, I doubt they want other providers or phones using their 'revolutionary' tech.

7. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

its funny as you need wi fi and in the ads they seem to have wifi in the most unusual places

8. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I'm not impressed either.

I tried my friends iPod Touch and I had the feeling that something was missing, yes...

Unlike my Victory. I don't have the feeling by that thing :)

9. miros

miros Well-Known Member

My bad, I did not even think about that! I will definitely not make that mistake again.
    miros