1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Ipod is S***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by realg187, Oct 12, 2007.

1. realg187

realg187 Well-Known Member

Against my advice my brother bought and Ipod. I hate Ipod, its just a locked of clone of the MP3 player that for some unknown reason ppl like. My sister got one to and I would use Media Monkey to put songs on.

My brother got the new Ipod and Media monkey and Real Player will put the songs on and it wont read them.

I like PSP/Super Card/My Samsung MP3 players, they are USB Mass Storage and you can just put the files on from any OS, any file browser any time (I can use my home Laptop with Vista or at school I can rip a CD right into it or on my P3 I can even use Linux!

Is there a Firmware mod for Ipod to make it act the proper way?

I dont want get get iTunes and get a55-R@**ed by DRM and I belive that an MP3 player should work form any computer w/o additional software (or even admin privileges, like at my schol I am limited user but can put songs on PSP just fine). This Ipod will go between multiple computers.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Well there is an different firmware called 'rockbox' that I think is ipod compatable, but it does involve flashing the Ipod and will likely void your warrenty.

I can sympathise with you not wanting to get itunes, I had it and it wrecked my music library (moved all the files around and renamed all the files and folders to hex strings) so once I'd removed it my only option was to delete the entire folder and restore it from one of my other machines. It was grossly overhyped anyhow.

The ipod should not be called an MP3 player because it isn't one. It plays apple's proprietary format, not MP3s.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Rockbox will work on all ipods ive have, unsure about the new ones, also there is an ipod Linux, Worth taking a look at.

4. realg187

Would it brick the Ipod if I put this RockBox on the new one? WHat is their site, I will have to check it out. They will probably have more detail there.

http://www.p2pnet.net/story/13553 <-- HAS GOOD POINTS! APPLE SUCKS!

iTunes is the app I would least want to use, I dont want it to be the only one!

Anyways, Apple Sucks, I think Ipod sucks too even if it was a proper MP3 player and caught up to other ones, still bothing makes it better. It's just a popuular brand for reasons beyond me...

5. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

Hey Real G, Nice Pic ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

6. realg187

You like Eazy-E and Pac too?

This reallt the best thread (well it's about Ipods which are supposed to play music)...

7. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I love my iPod... the interface is better than most IMO

8. realg187

Maybe you like the interface (But you can always change the interface of other devices by modifiying firmware) but I really dont know it, and I cant use it that well because I dont have one. I kinda like the PSP one since it goes by folder and I like order, my brother always turned his PSP to shuffle so I guess an Ipod would be good for him.

But still no matter the interface the DRM sucks and I hate how the only app you can use on them has DRM, I would like it the opsoite where you could use any program but iTunes.

Rockbox dont seem to be compatible with new Ipod, but I will put on my sisters so he dont byt*h at me to put songs on and she can put them on like on a real MP3 player.

9. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

You can use programs like yamipod to transfer music back and forth without having iTunes;

http://www.google.ca/search?q=yamipod&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

10. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Well if you ever want to get rid of the DRM you can use qtfairuse6

11. Void

Void Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    60GB Zen Vision:M - An image of excellence.

12. h8uthemost

h8uthemost Well-Known Member

Foobar can also transfer mp3's to your ipod. And I think is far better than other ipod media managers out there.

13. xslash1

xslash1 New Member

I think the new Ipod's pretty good it's like the Iphone

14. FantomRedux

FantomRedux Well-Known Member

Apple actually had to pay Crative Labs $100m to use the interface the iPod has because it was too similar to the one used in the Zen series from Creative, which was released earlier than the iPod. Little fact thingy there for you n_n

15. da big E

da big E Member

me I'd go for the samsung YP-P2. Samsung MP3 players are the best.

16. realg187

Yeah but the new Ipods only work with crappy gay iTunes

Yeah I have the YP-55 and YP-T6, flash drive transfer and uses AAA which are batteries I know wont fade out as PSP, NDS, etc batteries will stop being made, they already dont make NDS batteries any more (bad customer loyality nintnedo, thats why I use ROMS oposed to buying games, if I support u, u will just screw me over again).

What's that?

17. Loonylion

So far. I can guarantee that won't be the case forever. Besides, theres worse programs than iTunes.

18. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ ive been looking at getting a samsung, My ipod nano fell in my beer so it no longer works.

19. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ though it might just be true :p

20. Loonylion

My GP2000 is indestructible...

...unfortunately :p