1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NEW! HG/SS WiFi Event - 10th Anniversary Mew

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by toffster92, Oct 13, 2010.

1. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

This is taken from Serebii.net

Nintendo has announced that starting this Friday, Oct. 15, 2010, a new Wifi event will be running in America and Europe to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the release of Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver. This Wifi Event will allow for the download of a Mew. This Mew is Level 5 and has no special moves and doesn't unlock anything further in the game, but it comes in a Cherish Ball and is the first event Pokemon that comes with the Premier Ribbon. This ribbon, like the Classic Ribbon, prevents it from being traded in the GTS. The event will run from October 15th, 2010 to October 30th, 2010.

This your chance RomU members, to get your own very rare Mew! This event does not last very long so get it while you can!

2. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Cool, about time.
    Though I have a few hacked Mews, it took Nintendo long enough.
    I hated the whole idea of event Pokemon during the 3rd generation, but Wi-Fi has made it a bit more tolerable.

Edot: And it can't be traded through GTS.....Okay....
    And even though I'm not a competive player, I hope my Mew does not have a horrible nature.

3. Zaertix

Zaertix Well-Known Member

This is pretty sweet! I'll definitely be getting this Mew. :]

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

This will be my 2nd legit mew. 1st one i got from the japanese SS/HG event

5. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

I would throw my DS on the floor if my mew had a timid nature..

6. sylar1000

Lole who cares, especially if you're not competitive.

Ah the old days of R/B, none of this stupid nature shit

7. darkrequiem

I care because it bothers me that my Mew could be better, but isn't. I wouldn't try to get another Mew if I got a bad nature, I'd just be a little disappointed.
    I like natures. Natures are about the least annoying factor when it comes to 'competitive battling'.
    EVs and IVs are the real annoying things that I wish never existed.

Edit: I actually wouldn't mind a timid nature. I'd just make a Special Attack oriented Mew instead.

8. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Is MEW time! ;D

9. dorkdude2

dorkdude2 Member

will us players using Emu's be able to get it, or will I have to get my DS fixed and start playing on the DS copy of the game?

10. sylar1000

you need the actual game or flashcart, emulators can't use wifi

11. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Are there going to be more WiFi events for the US?

12. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, yes. Some believe the next one will either be a Manaphy or maybe a Celebi. Whichever one it is, I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

13. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

got my mew...I'd love to see celebi as an event pokemon, especially since it's the remake of gold and silver.

14. darkrequiem

This. And Jirachi next generation when Black and White are released in the US.
    (this generation would be better, but we know Nintendo....)

15. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

didn't we already just get a Jirachi via an even recently? I have a lv 5 one in my inventory which I think is legit (lol) from a wifi event. I don't think I was very excited because I already had several legit Jirachis from a preorder of...something...Colosseum I think? anyway, I just used several of the sapphire/ruby games to get many of the little buggers

16. darkrequiem

Yes, but it was not a Wi-fi event, just the old horrible types (go to this store and get this Pokemon)
    I completely missed it, and due to that, missed my 2nd chance at getting a legit version of my favorite Pokemon.
    Yeah, a pre-order of Colosseum gave out Jirachi. I found that out after the game was released....This was my first failure at obtaining my favorite mon fairly. All of my current ones are obvious fakes.

17. gr8 1

gr8 1 Well-Known Member

lol i missed out on some events myself but oh well lol i got my self the shiny beasts (don't know why ppl call them dogs .... baka) and celibi (which can be used in SS & HG and B & W)

18. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

woot i just got the Mew

so it can learn every move in the game? nice...

19. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

i know its awsome and why mew is the best

20. darkrequiem

Except Mew is not the best :p
    He's awesome, but not the best. Mew is possibly the most cute legendary though....After Jirachi of course
    By the way, you guys almost missed the event!