1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Guy - John Enigma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Enigma, Apr 18, 2015.

1. John Enigma

John Enigma New Member

Hello player people.

My (user)name is John Enigma. And is a pleasure to be on what appears to be the first forum site related to emulators and roms to me. I wanted to come here because, I tried to download some roms, but there was a message that said that I downloaded like 5 times. I think it something to do my IP address or something.

Anyways, I want to ask you some stuff: are the roms from this site good? I ask this because, when I tried to download Banjo-Kazooie from emuparadise.com it was corrupted for some reason. This site captured my eye, to see if the roms here are good or great. Not to be picky about it. I'm just askin'.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

ROMs for newer or current gen systems are all good here, quality wise.

If you ever encounter ROMs/ISOs for current gen systems that come out as corrupt when you extract them, then this only means your archive extraction program is outdated (in the case of WinRar) or does not support the new RAR5 algorithm introduced in WinRar 5.0 (like in the case of 7-zip). In these scenarios what you'll need to do is download/upgrade WinRar to the latest version.

As for ROMs for Retro systems like the NES, I'm afraid like most other ROMs sites, the ROMs for older systems on here are all the same with other sites... except for the one you mentioned and another ROMs site I know of that host newer dumps of ROMs for older system. I can't mention the name of the other site on here because it is against the forum rules to name or recommend other competing ROMs sites.

Actually this bit regarding ROMs for retro systems will only ever concern you if you go for ROM hacks and/or Fan translations for retro titles like I do. Otherwise everything else would be peachy :)

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we recommend you use a download manager such as flashget to avoid corrupted downloads.

4. John Enigma

John Enigma New Member

Isn't there a forum post here for reporting faulty or corrupted ROM's and ISO's?

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

You post reports like these here:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=31.0

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it's very rare that it's the rom or iso on our server at fault, and we do proactively check them. if the archive is corrupt and won't extract, the corruption generally occurred during download. if the rom or ISO won't play on an emulator, its generally the emulator at fault. If you genuinely believe you've encountered a corrupt file, then report it in the site support board.

7. John Enigma

John Enigma New Member

^Thanks for the info. No, seriously. Thank you.^