1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New guitar tab... need help..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DB_Odin, May 29, 2008.

1. DB_Odin

DB_Odin Well-Known Member

yeah i play alot of guitar and i cant decide on a good new song to start learning...open for any ideas :) as long as its not an crazy hard tab lol.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well, I play guitar. A good tab is Bombtrack by Rage Against The Machine. Look for it on Ultimate Guitar or something. A great, easy song to learn, it was the first tab I learned. Or maybe Iron Man by Black Sabbath. Or something else.

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Try Tell me Where it hurts by MYMP, it's a simple song, and is pretty easy to learn >.>

4. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

what's your favorite genre and what songs can you play as of now?

and what's your motivation? to get girls or to impress your friends

yes these matter when suggesting a song

5. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

What do you define as crazy hard? Depending on your playing ability that can vary quite a bit, if you want a challenge I'm sure I could come up with something from the progressive/technical music world.

6. big_jake_420

big_jake_420 Well-Known Member

Play Big Balls by AC/DC. Its good for playing at partys and its pretty easy.

7. DB_Odin

i guess i would be above advewrage on guitar skills.. but most of any tabs that you learn are hard at first. but yeah pop some suggestions out there open for anything.:)

8. big_jake_420

Enter Sandman by Metallica
    TNT - AC/DC
    Dirty deeds done dirt cheep - AC/DC
    One - Metallica
    Cavemen rejoice - The Bags
    Run the the Hills - Iron Maiden
    Sunshine of your love - Cream

I can go all day...

9. thebass324

A nice stylistic challenge might be "Textures" by Cynic, it's there instrumental and switches between jazz, light rock and metal. There's no real guitar solo in it (but there is a bass solo ;D), just the lead parts to worry about. And don't get confused with the high chapman stick part in the begininning, http://www.cynicalsphere.com/tablature.html, the official tabs for their music, although not 100% accurate still.

"The Trooper" and "Aces High" by Iron Maiden are also always fun to learn and can start a firm base for having strong, present melodies in music.

"La Villa Strangiato" from Rush is always fun, just long for some.

Or you could choose just to sit back and be amazed by Ron Jarzombek's awesome guitar playing in Spastic Ink's music (try the Guitar Pro file for"Aquanet" on Ultimate-Guitar.com).

Also, keep in mind these are reccomendations from a bassist.

10. DB_Odin

oo exxactly what i was looking for actualy. i have bass and electric btw :) but i dont know ANY bass songs so his is just what i was looking for ^^ THANKS!

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Also maybe Thunderstruck by ACDC, and Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd or something.

12. thebass324

No problem. If you ever want more recommendations, just ask.

13. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Id suggest Eruption by Van Halen on the electric :p

14. DB_Odin

thunderstuck was one of the first songs that i learned actualy :) i know some of sweet home alabama to :D

15. big_jake_420

The first song i learned was TNT - AC/DC

16. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Playing AC/DC songs in public might attract 12 year old girls with no real sense of judgment, but to anyone with musical ability or understanding will look down at you for it. You can't really ask random people to suggest a song to play, it really depends on what your ability is and what bands/genres you enjoy.

17. DB_Odin

lol? chicks dont want to have you play a song that they have never heard.... i know tons of songs...but i asked for suggestions... just because someone says i should learn a song doesnt mean im going to play it... thats why its called a suggestion.

18. Void

Void Well-Known Member

:|

"Plug In Baby" - Muse

19. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

fanboyism

Judy and Mary - Sobakasu

L`arc en ciel - Stay Away

for the bass