1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New games for NDS Edge card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by charger1922, Dec 15, 2010.

1. charger1922

charger1922 New Member

I'm wondering if anyone can help me? I've looked everywhere on this site and either can't find the answer or don't have the technical know how to recognise it!

I have a NS Lite with an Edgecard. The new games I'm trying to put on don't work at all. I have changed the extension to NDS and then used RAR, then copied the file over to my Edgecard as usual. The game shows up on my index, but when I try and play it nothing happens and the system freezes up.

This method worked on my old games and my old games work perfectly. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

2. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

What are these new games you're trying to play? The problems might be Anti-piracy,or AP for short.

3. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

You "changed" the extension to NDS? What does that mean?
    Also, it's EDGE not Edgecard.

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

lol what? you saying the rar file you have, changed the extension? you just have to extract it and then you get a nds file. no need to rename extension unless it is nd5. and also. it could be ap since edge firmware does not support many new games like golden sun

5. HeartofSword

Hmm.The extension must have been something like .nd5 when he downloaded.That's normal.People do that do prevent the file from being deleted from a mirror like megaupload or mediafire.
    If your trying to play new games like Golden Sun Dark Dawn or Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs,you're gonna need a Patch to bypass the anti piracy.You can find them here on RomU on the Technical Help Section.I'm not sure these games are gonna work on your flashcard.

6. will1008

This one confuses me. So if the file was ND5, and then he used RAR? For what?

7. HeartofSword

I guess it's the other way around o_O
    He knows how to play a game,he just can't play the new ones.I guess he meant he used rar and then renamed.Or he could've entered inside the .rar file,renamed,and then extracted.Anyway,I'm pretty sure it's just AP.

8. Gregar7777

Gregar7777 Active Member

Look you DO know how to extract right?

9. will1008

Yes, yes we do.

10. Jeff217

Jeff217 Active Member

umm i dont think he meant us

11. HeartofSword

Gregar7777 was talking to the creator of the topic,charger1922. lol

12. will1008

Sorry, habit. :D

13. Gregar7777

Gregar7777 Active Member

Well, learn how charger, as to not be mixed up without you other experts.Not being sarcastic btw.

14. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

maybe you should update your firmware to 2.0