1. This forum is in read-only mode.

new flashcart not working

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by vblu314, Nov 19, 2012.

1. vblu314

vblu314 Member

My roommate bought a new flashcart for his 3ds. He has given up on trying to use it. I thought I'd come here and ask those with more experience with these items. I own an original R4 for my dsl. It's easier to use (for me) than this one.

He bought a R4iTT Upgrade (as it reads on the package). The cartridge is black with a purple sticker and silver screw in the backing. He is using a 2gb kingston micro sd card. He is running kernel from the r4itt.net site (3DS V4.1.08 and DSi V1.44 Upgrade Firmware).

He said that when he plugged it into his 3ds that all he got was an error message. Any information or fingers pointing me in the right direction to fix the issue would be much appreciated!! (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

What system version is his 3DS running on?

3. vblu314

vblu314 Member

How do I go about checking that?

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Go into Settings on the 3DS. It'll be in one of the corners.

5. vblu314

vblu314 Member

Ver. 4.4.0-10U

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

ver 4.4+ block most flashcards permanently. only flashcards working on this system firmware are supercard dstwo and r4i from r4dsi.cn

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Unlucky.
    The card your friend got is not only incompatible with your 3DS system menu, production has being stopped for your card since June.

Your best bet is to buy a new card. My suggestion is the Supercard DSTwo, or the R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn. Best of luck.
    Not necessarily. There is actually quite a few cards that are compatible with the 4.4 firmware.
    MOST cards do not work, but not all of them.
    For example, a newer version of the R4iTT is compatible with it.

8. vblu314

vblu314 Member

Thank you!!!!!!!! (✿ ♥‿♥)