1. This forum is in read-only mode.

new flashcard

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ba2ry, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ba2ry

ba2ry Member

I'm ging to get a new cad that is compatable with dsi xl, heard once that there was one that will also run GBA roms. do many of the latest generation flash cards do this? which one would yu reccomend

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

None of the current flashcarts that can play NDS games can play GBA games. The only Slot 1 cart that exists that can actually play GBA games is the iPlayer, but it cannot play commercial NDS games.

There may be some in the planning stages, but nothing concrete yet.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=34978.0

3. ba2ry

ba2ry Member

ok, thanks. maybe someone will write an emulator to play gba on ds, now that dsi has no gba slot, so which flashcard would you reccomend, I'm thjinking iedge or acekard

4. TirithRR

The DS isn't powerful enough to emulate the GBA by itself. That's why the iPlayer works, it has hardware on the card to help.

The Acekard2i is tried and true, the iEdge, I don't enough users to have an opinion of it.

5. ba2ry

ba2ry Member

what about M3? or any others? I've got an old R4, and to be honest, may of the newer games don't work, and updates to the kernel seem rare. it seems the other flashcarts are moreon top of things. games such as phantasy star 0 and sonic & sega all stars racing and one I really wanted, Bejewled Twist don'twork on my R4! :(

6. TirithRR

Acekard2i is your best bet.

7. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

If you want to play GBA games then you will have to wait for the SupercardDStwo to be released.