1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New FAQ Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by caribou11, Nov 26, 2007.

1. caribou11

caribou11 New Member

I've been reading the new rom posts, and sadly some people get confused by the .rar formats. I'm sure it would save some headaches if you made an official FAQ that explains that after you unzip it, you need to unrar the files, (sometimes twice) until you actually extract the .nds file.

For most of us, we've been unzipping/unraring files for years, but I guess everyone has to start somewhere, and this seems to be the place.

Maybe there is a FAQ out there already, and if so, we should all start pointing people too it. I've spent a lot of time reading confused people getting yelled at by others, just because they didn't understand that the files need to be unrared.

That's just my $.02

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I think there is a faq if people look for it.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ maybe it should be a little more obvious then...

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes there is one in the tutorials section, I've just stickied it. Not sure how it escaped that last time.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I don't see how it could be any more obvious.

"Hmm I wonder how I do this thing? Tutorials? Nah I probably can't find help in there..."

I don't mind helping people, but some people want everything handed on a silver platter instead of spending a minute or two actually going over the information already provided on the forum. A glance at the tutorial topics and a quick search can yield amazing results.