1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Emulators????

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by flabelfly, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flabelfly

flabelfly New Member

Hey everybody!

I'm new to this site (and roms and emulators, for that matter). But I was wondering if anyone could tell me if, and possibly where, I could download an XBOX 360 or PS2/PS3 emulator. There are a lot of good games on those that would be great on the computer as well. So if anyone knows, speak up! Thanks!

flabelfly

P.S. If you could, when you leave the website, could you also leave a link as well? thanks so much!

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

PS2 emulator
    - PCSX2
    --->http://pcsx2.net/
    --->need powerful pc to play it

Haven't heard any working PS3 and XboX 360 emulator.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there are no working PS3 or xbox/xbox360 emulators.

PS2 requires a powerful PC.

4. dedboy

dedboy Guest

The specs to get a PS2 emulator up and running are seriously hardcore. Even with an alienware comp, my friend's PS2 emulator was still choppy. PS2, X-Box, and Gamecube emulators will never fully run on the highest end PC. So when I say this, I mean it with all due respect, just dole out popcorn at a movie theater, until you have saved enough to purchase your own system.

5. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Even having a powerful pc, ps2 emulator is just upgradin', gettin' better, butright now, he won't emulate perfectly.
    If ps2 are beatin' the requeriments, even think about ps3 and x-box 360....
    Wait ten years and the emulation will be more acurate.

6. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Active Member

Theres are no PS3 or XboX 360 emulators at this time.

And if they ever come out, your computer will have to be a real beast to handle with it.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

PCSX2, though requiring a lot of power, plays some games remarkably well. I have played KH1, KH2, FFX, and FFX-2 without any issues (Near 100% compatibility). I played Grandia 2 on it with just some minor voice acting issues during cutscenes (audio played out of sync with the video).

8. dedboy

dedboy Guest

True, Tirith, but most people won't spend the time to tweak the emulator to meet the specs of their computer. You still need the Bios files, additional files on top of that, and the iso's take up a lot of hard drive space.

Grandia 2? That was one they said froze up shortly after the title screen on PCSX2.

Guess you have luck or skill(or a powerhouse comp) on your side. :p

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I was using v0.9.6, and I didn't play Grandia very far, only to the point where you reach the town to accept the mission of taking the girl who sings the songs to the tower :) But there were only two minor bugs I noticed, the voice acting was out of sync, and during battles, the far edges of the battle field ground were black (but everything else was fully textured correctly). I copied the game myself from my own PS2 game library using DVD Decryptor (my cousin has my PS2, and my PS3 is not a backwards compatible version).

My PC is fairly new, but not top line anymore.
    Two Geforce 8800GT 512MB cards (SLI Mode), dual core 3.2GHz processor, 3GB RAM (32bit OS, so I can only have 4GB total RAM :( ), Windows XP Prof. SP3

10. macgeek417

macgeek417 Well-Known Member

My brother's laptop can run Dark Cloud at 75% speed... WITH all of the background junk and no settings tweaking.
    Then again, he has a high end laptop with NVIDIA embedded graphics :/
    Mine can only run at like 45%...

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Sometimes, using the Beta version can solve the lagging issues.

and it works well with most 3D geometrical games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.