1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Edge Card, the majority of games are italian, WHY ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tonypar_69, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonypar_69

tonypar_69 New Member

Hi all,

I just purchased an edge card, it looks like the firmware is Italian on it. The introduction screen is Italian. I put in the latest EDGE OS, I chose English for the language. all the menu navigation is English, this is perfect.
    BUT...
    When I load some games, the appear in Italian. I read on some threads, this is due to the game picking up the firmware's language.
    How do I put this in English ?
    I don't see any other place for me to set any languages.
    Note: This is the EDGE card. I have a 4 gig SD card, and copied the EDGE OS on it...nothing else for me to do.
    Please, can somehelp shed some light on this issue.

Thanks,
    Tony

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Is your DS firmware language itself English? Do you have 1.45? http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/EDGE_OS_v1.45.zip

3. tonypar_69

tonypar_69 New Member

Hi Anandjones,

Well...I'm pretty sure...up to now...never saw any italian, whenever I put in any other game cartridge in my DS, the "NDS intro" coming up is English, except when I put in the EDGE card, it is in italian, which leads me to beleive the EDGE card seems to have an italian firmware.
    Also, yes..I have the last 1.45 which I downloaded from their interent site.

Thanks,

Tony

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

So you're changing the firmware language from within the menu? List specifically what kind of ROMs you're having issues with. Use (U) more.

5. tonypar_69

tonypar_69 New Member

Actually you are right, the DS's firmware was italian, my son screwed around with it...I put it back you to english, everything works like a charm.
    thanks for your help !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.