1. This forum is in read-only mode.

new DSi update or not?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by repture, Jan 4, 2010.

1. repture

repture New Member

hey,

I just bought a DSi this weekend.. now I was wondering if I schould update it or not.. at the moment I got firmware 1.3 on it.. I would want it to go to 1.4 since that would still work with my R4i flashcard.. but when I browsed the internet I saw that nintendo released or is going to release the 1.5 so that flashcards don't work again..

so I was wondering.. is it needed that I update to 1.4? do I get more options or something?
    and is 1.5 out already?

Regards

2. tool86

tool86 Active Member

well... just leave it as it is if you don't want to use the dsi shop or want to upload photos to facebook yet. i upgraded my dsi to 1.4 a few months ago and had to buy a whole new flashcard.... the problem is that you probably bought the dsi to use the dsi-shop....

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=30995.0

4. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

well lets see the 1.5 update it they ever make one is going to be a proplem. or is what some people think.

they way i see it is this. acekard 2i had a major update done on it to trick the dsi in to thinking that the acekard was a danypahtom game. dont know to munch about it but this how i think it works.

they took a game and went in and look at all the codes on it. they took the ones they think where the ones that show that it is the real game. they then put that code in to the new frim. and there you go. but like i said this is what i think. i could be wrong. any ways. if there is a update there are 3 thing that you can do.

1 dont update your dsi

2 update and see if it will still work.( dont know what chances are)

3 wait for some one to do and then complain that it did not work for them.

so when they do update then we will know