1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New DSi, itouch2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rydiaemerald, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydiaemerald

rydiaemerald Guest

Hi all,

My friend "bricked" his DSi by updating the Nintendo firmware. He tried to access his itouch2 but it prevented him from using it. We have the opportunity to trade in the "briked" DSi but he wants a different colour (from the light blue). Does anyone know if the newer colours (pink, white, dark blue... others?) have the update that prevents him from using the itouch2?

Thanks in advance!

Crystal

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

um...you should be able to update the card. i'll look around and let you know what i find for you.

Itouch2 right? ok.

i couldn't find anything on how to update for 1.4....

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I don't think the iTouch2 has a 1.4 fix.

Rather than getting a new DSi (because every DSi can have 1.4 on it) get a better flashcart instead. Like the Acekard2i, which works on the DSi with 1.4

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

nope. it's not updateable, but like Tirith said, just get a new flash cart if you have the money, like the Acekard 2i. i use it and it is the best flash cart that i have used.

5. rydiaemerald

rydiaemerald Guest

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions. However, does anyone know for certain if new DSi (from the box) come with the 1.4 update already installed? If this is the case, I will definitely look in to the Acecard flash cart. :)

Crystal

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

well, you have to update it, but that's really easy.

the acekard 2i is fully updateable and is compatible with 1.4 firmware for the dsi.

i don't know of any flash carts that are 1.4 compatible out of the box.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Depends on when the DSi was made, I think. I'm not sure you can guarantee that they don't have 1.4 on them when you buy it.
    But 20 dollars for a new flashcart is a lot cheaper than the cost of a new DSi.
    http://www.realhotstuff.com/-c-125_102.html

(Deal Extreme no longer sells it, so you can't get it for 12 dollars anymore)

8. rydiaemerald

rydiaemerald Guest

Ok, to be on the safe side, I'll go with the new flash cart. It certainly is cheaper than a new DSi! I'll go with the Acekard 2i. :) Thanks for all of your fast replies!

Crystal

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

How can the dsi be bricked?

You mean you can't use the flash cart you mean...if it WAS bricked it wouldn't work at all-even just to the system menu...which I doubt can happen as nintendo would have a few customers whinging XD

10. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

No. She said she updated her DSi, making her flash cart not work. The DSi still works... it just won't read her cart or any others except the acekrd 2i apparently. I'm still waiting for the DSi LL (out now in japan) to come to america before I upgrade to a DSi.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/10/29/dsi-ll-nintendo-confirms-shows-new-big-screen-dsi/

11. rydiaemerald

rydiaemerald Guest

That's right. It's not truly bricked, hence my quotation marks. ;)

12. Sabri23

Sabri23 Guest

My teacher on school brought a new DSI (light blue) , he couldn't getted his card to work (m3I) so he asked me . And lol i also didn't now.
    When i saw his ds(i) firmware it was 1.4E , so yes , newer ds(I)'s uses the new firmware .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.