1. This forum is in read-only mode.

new DS???....

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by kayleigh2108, Oct 1, 2007.

1. kayleigh2108

kayleigh2108 Active Member

Has anyone heard a rumour about a new DS with motion controls in it?? I heard it somewhere, any truth in it?
    Its a cool idea, especially for games like Super Monkey Ball. Just wondering if anybody else has heard anything?
    I hope it's true :D

2. Vegas

Vegas New Member

All I know of is DS peripherals/add-on packs that give tilt sensors and there's one I understand to be a sort of scrollball mouse type pack, both are for the ds's slot 2, and some versions are third-party, but Nintendo might be adding these as option paks.

Sorry, that's all very incoherent. Basically, slot 2 devices add this functionality to the ds, or might do in the future, I can't think of any games that might use them though, except maybe Monkey Ball, like you said.

Have a nice day, sorry I didn't really answer your question. :(

3. kayleigh2108

Aaah ok that makes sense.

Thanks you :)

4. nefto

nefto Member

technically thats not a new ds....

5. Paperbag51

Paperbag51 Active Member

Actually in a magazine i've currently got it shows a patent for a "DS" with x/y axis motion sensors in it.
    If you need proof i can find a way to upload the mag page. or give you a issue and name i just don't feel like going out to my truck.

Alright so i took initiative and got the magazine .. maybe it will get me some good karma :p got off my lazy arse that deserves at lease +1 lol

alright on to the topic... Its in this months issue of GI (game informer ) [Issue 174] . its on page 40 of this issue, on the left side right next to announcement that PS3 is getting its rumble back (which is pretty much old news, learned about that months ago. Hope this helps ...

Note** this is just a patent. But put it this way .. the playstation phone was just a patent ... just rumors and its coming out in feb ! right on.

6. kayleigh2108

ok, thank you, i'll have to have a look at that
    i thought there was something like that :)

7. mkizadon

mkizadon Member

i heard about this too. supposedly its the next gen DS not a simple add-on feature. the lifetime of a console before they bring the next-next gen in is usually 5 or 6 years and the DS has only been around for nearly 3 so the DS has still got plenty of life left in it so i wouldn't get too excited right now. it will still be in the planning stages so it will most likely change several times before they come up with something that works. but it will probably will be something like motion sensors since Nintendo are constantly trying to revolutionize gaming. will be interesting to see what they come up with.

8. IainDS

IainDS Member

There is meant to be a new ds lite ready for launch and they're waiting for the current ds lite sales to drop. But they're not.

The new one is rumoured to have removed GBA game support so the uni is lighter again. The extra room will mean that they're going to add some extra storage memory inside.

There was a rumour that Nintendo would are planning on launching a GB/GBA/GBC virtual console where you can download games to play on your DS. Which would be a wise money maker for them. So they may be planning on suing the inbuilt memory for that

WHO KNOWS?!!

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i'm not pretty sure, but i think i heard about that ds too...

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ yeah i think its been roumoured for a while now...guess well just have to wait and see.

11. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

......Metroid: Dread, anyone?

12. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Nintendo is always remaking their handheld consoles. Do these guys have too much free time or something?

13. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ yeah but without the GBA slot it is likely that flashcart will be able to boot GBA roms.

14. Rudey

Rudey New Member

I don't like this idea.
    If they still make better ones, then the older ones get older and older and u need to buy a new version of it.
    Just like my old DS.
    The DS lite came, with better batteries etc.
    So i sold my old one and bought a new one.
    But i don't like that idea.

15. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

It's a big rumor really that a new ds is coming?but I am not at all sure it's gonna make any success.

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

LOL, I was thinking it would probably only work with Nintendo MicroSD cards that cost 3x the price of normal ones :p

17. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Some clever cookie will think of a way to patch that though.

18. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of sony...