1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NEW CURRENCY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by branraf, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

I'm sure that all of the Romulation team and me are fed up of people begging for points, as points are like money i object to them being given away, they should be earned. I think that Romulation should have a sort of token or credit, which can be used in turn for something a user may like. Maybe Romulation could have sort of pimp my profile, with unlockables. these unlockables could be used and applied to your profile, such as images, and maybe points. these tokens could be given to a user for everytime they do something helpful, like review a game (e.g Upload screenshots). I am not saying that we should get rid of points, in fact i am saying we could have to types of Romulation Currency. Points and tokens. say something like 10 tokens can be given in for 100 points, or 2 tokens unlocks a new appliable image etc. Please reply about what you think.

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

We do have some contests, which reward winners with points. I actually suggested in the past custom ranks (instead of Servant, Professional Gamer, etc.) which can be bought with points.

3. big_jake_420

big_jake_420 Well-Known Member

you should make it to where you can donate points to another member. Cause i never use mine...

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

The problem with that is that its inevitable that someone will get the idea that he can create multiple accounts and donate all the points to one account for the sake of downloading as many of the ROMs that cost points as possible.

These ideas have been discussed before, but I think we're focusing on other things at the moment before we get to things like this.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Just a suggestion:

Can we spruce up our Profiles, in the future, like in Myspace or facebook (or Friendster :p). Add stuff to it like our photos, maybe a blog, so people can learn more about us, plus I've been more present here than in my Social networking page, 'cause it's more fun here :)

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah I know what you mean, some other forums sites' profiles have this thing called Content, which you add maybe a post on what's your happening lately or in your life etc. and people can comment on your page etc.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Not at this point, perhaps in the future; though it was never the point of RomUlation to be a social networking site, and if it ever becomes that then it will be with a spin to find people to game with.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

LETS DO IT!!! :p

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Actually the advent of a social network could be avoided IF actual RomUlation members were the only ones to be given a blog or an updated profile.

It could only serve as an insight to what RomUlation members' livess are, take for example, loony's life, I bet people who want to start learning how to trick out their PC's could learn from Loony's expertise. Or Almo with his vast knowledge of Graphics design.

10. Loonylion

my life is f-censored-ing boring. and I should know, cos I live it.

11. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

A blog wouldn't be too bad of an idea, though i don't think it would be major. And if we did add a blog and Winterr left that would be even better :p

12. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

You got to hold a musket and shoot poachers! ;D And you administrate RomUlation!

Excitement!

13. Loonylion

that was for 4 weeks 3 years ago...

14. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Wintereise seems an ok guy, so does everyone else, but the arguments between the admins, moderators whatever are probably the funniest thing here.

15. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

He must not like social networking sites >.> I only use them to get my homework that I miss ...

16. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Winter please do keep it PG-13. :p

I'd never make RomUlation a social networking site as we know it from myspace and whatnot, but that said, RomUlation has always been about the community; furthermore it's always been community driven in the sense that all content besides the games are generated by the users. Therefore it wouldn't be a terrible stretch to make RomUlation about interaction between users in ways that relate to gaming and RomUlation, for example by pointing users towards other people with the same gaming interests as them.

It'd be a major project but not one I'm entirely opposed to, we'll just have to see for the future, right now I have other things cooking for me to focus too much on RomUlation.

17. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

hey i think a quest
    like post in the forum or pm someone ore etc..

18. Loonylion

no, giving points for posting would encourage spam.

19. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

The problem with this is that many members dont like to give ANY personal info whatsoever, especially these days when torrent admins are being taken to court and threats of new laws and such. Having a full profile and blog on an illegal site is often seen as just another way 'TeH GoVernMentZ' can get its hands on 'pirates'. For the plain reason that it wont work I dont think its a good idea, however adding a few boxes to the profile pages where you can input your friend codes or gamertags or whatever might not be such a bad idea.

20. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I don't think you can customize the forum software like that though, unless you code it yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.