1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Cooking Mama Game - No$GBA Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by LuckyTrouble77, Nov 19, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

To start, I totally suck with No$GBA. I have just started using it since my actual DS has hit a point where it is basically unplayable in terms of gaming.

I have No$GBA 2.6a and I have No$Zoomer (I assume the latest version). I've only been playing Picross 3D, so this is the first game I've tried to play on it besides that. Anyways, it's the Crafting Mama one where you make objects instead of food, the one that just released. I don't have the full title, but you can easily find it (hobbies and fun or something like that).

Upon starting, it just shows dual blue screens and kind of hangs. I've tried playing with the settings, but don't even know exactly what to change. I tried messing with the EX's and all that, but to no avail.

Any No$GBA expert want to help me out?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Did you get into menu or title screen?
    If not, try using the BIOS method.

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Try looking for the save type; I believe it's EEPROM 64kb. Set the save type to that on emulation setup(F11), on No$Zoomer it's No$Gba>Options>Emulation Setup.
    That is where you need to be I think to figure this out.
    Start there and we'll see if we can't help you out.

4. LuckyTrouble77

I can't seem to encrypt the rom either. Also, I don't get beyond the initial screen coloring, so no logos, no menu, nothing.

I'll go ahead and try what dedboy said and see if it makes a difference. Nope, no difference thus far.

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Most likely you'll have to tinker with your No$GBA emulation options.
    I don't know if Cooking Mama has AP or not, so I can't help you on that one iota.
    Remember to make sure the save type matches up, as it can cause some issues.
    Also 'Nova talked about booting from the Bios, I boot directly from the cart.
    I'll post my No$ Setup if it's needed.
    Trial and error I suppose, if it's not AP.

6. meganova

Are there any errors when you trying to encrypt the rom?
    The game can be run directly through bios without encrypting it, but just to be safe to prevent the possibility from crashes, etc.

Did you mean this game?
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=49713.0

7. LuckyTrouble77

That's the one. Also, I tried to run through BIOS the other day and the emulator just completely crashed, so I haven't been too eager to try it again.

For the encrypting, it just says it failed. No specific error or anything, just that it failed.

8. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Probably has AP and No$GBA can't run it...I tried it on DesMume and it works fine.

9. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

I know this other DS emulator called desmume. the same one I used to play super scribblenauts when it wasn't fixed yet although it lags. alot.

10. LuckyTrouble77

Yeah, if I wanted to play a touchscreen game based around timing, I would totally go to the laggy alternative that I already knew about.

I'm sure you can see why I would rather get it working on No$GBA.

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Cooking Mama World: Hobbies and Fun's AP is this:

It randomly freezes and deletes your save data every time you access the game (at first, I thought it was not saving at all, but last night I played HaF and today I updated my firmware, and all that I did last night was still there so the AP was for deleting the save data and not the usual 'game doesn't save' case)....

This No$GBA problem is an unrelated compatibility problem, not something to do with AP.

12. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You don't have to encrypt are decrypt the rom it's self to run bios methard

Just edit NO$Zoomer.ini open it change UseCrypt=0 to UseCrypt=1 save the file

Open your original untuched game though no$zommer and play - as long GBA bios (nintendo logo) is enabled in no$gba 2.6a settings

you do need firmware.bin in the main folder also, my full package

NO$GBA 2.6a - Full Package

http://www.mediafire.com/?u273h8h0om2os4n

NO$GBA 2.6a - Debugger Version

http://www.mediafire.com/?qd4qas4rulgakk8

no$gba debugger password: veta

EDIT:

My No$gba Video Tutorial - How to fix any black or white screen freezing issues on loading!

http://www.mediafire.com/?yv805lnhs5x55yu

AVI - 15mb

Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPwZeVIwV1Q

13. meganova

That depends, some game may crashes if it was not encrypted, or directly run through bios.
    Better be safe than sorry right? :)

Anyway, the game is playable through BIOS method.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Just be sure to make a copy of your original ROM - befor encrypting it and use the encrypted one

no$zoomer is safe as long as you shut down the emulator and start it again with settings enabled - anyway no damage will be done anyway

15. LuckyTrouble77

Well, today apparently encrypting and the BIOS both wanted to work correctly and the game is now up and running.

Thanks for all of the help.