1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New comment screens for Rom-downloads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by athemoe, Apr 14, 2010.

1. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

RomUlation has updated the comment screens for the rom downloads.

You have 2 choises:

I Want To

* Get help with the game
    * Post my opinion on the game

Great ;D

2. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

They changed it about a week or so..

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wasn't the point of the forums to help people with flashcart issues?

Great...seems like a loss for the romU team to me.

4. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Actually, when you click Get Help with the game, it directs you to the forum.

5. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

yeah,
    they hated the many questions of users who said that it won't run on their flashcard (check the pkmn ss/hg roms.).

6. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I think it's great.
    I saw it a couple of days ago.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Dude. You need to learn to stop posting before you check things out. You always come off looking like an idiot when you don't...

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Theres no need to degrade Hypnos.He may jump in a bit quick and is wrong sometimes,but that doesnt make him an idiot.Ive never seen Loony acting like this,no matter how much someone is asking for it.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Err...

Oh that,that's what happens when you post mid game on MK vs DC I guess...I like to retract my statement but we've already seen it.

And Seph, I could agree, or use the term "slow" to be accurate about my thoughts and overall intelligence, a 13yr could easily best me in any subject.

No need to degrade me, I do a better job of that myself, thank you :)

...the correct term is Impulsive :)

And I honestly don't have time to click-click everytime, I just go as what I see here in forum threads, so this will happen now and again (yeah even a guy who camps here all too often can get busy playing games at the same time during forum post XD)

As for the loonylion comment, well the fact is admins can address user's as they wish, after all this is their domain, they can bump user's off any time, especially if that user isn't paying a cent (if they wish to do so).

Seph could call me a "brain dead retarded fool" for all I care, I'd be offended because of my special school background, but I have no argument because he is the boss here, and I know that.

Try not to stand up for me when it's the admins speaking about my forum behaviour, I seen far worse than Seph (daily-I'm too stupid for my own good at times) and unlike most, he has a point....

BTW I'm not sucking up to you Seph or anyone, just doing as you expect, stating my mind :)

On topic-Now that I actually did look it does seem like a great idea, guess I better start using my ds again and get back into the active scene :)

10. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

lolol

great idea hope it stops people flooding the comment section with questions

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Don't hold your breath.

12. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Well I just expect things to be addressed in the way Loonylion conducts himself on here.Its supposed to be a friendly kind of Community-thats what Im commenting on.

13. Seph

Being friendly doesn't mean sugar coating the truth, I wasn't being offensive to him or calling him names, I was stating my actual and honest to God observation about his post. Brutally honest? Probably, but in my opinion the world needs more of that.

It's not about being slow of mind, this has nothing to do with intelligence, it has to do with assuming how things work instead of going to check it out, the fact that you then gave your opinion on it afterwards is what makes it a stupid thing to do.

I can follow you there, I don't have much time either. But then my suggestion is to make fewer posts and put it off until you're done gaming so you can go check up on whatever you're posting about, it significantly increases the quality of your posts.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm...1st point agreed (this what I normally tell people to do as well sadly :( )

2nd point, well for now it's dumb to play and post at the same time...

But I think my post quality is at...a limit...see last year I was on here and not really gaming, I'd be lucky to play a game on public transport than game when I got home from where ever...I do try but I'm not up to the forum elite's standards.

And for the most part, my post here are as I do in real life, only with less mumbling or stutters (damn speech impediment!)

Now then before I go to sleep...on topic I go...

When your on the internet, it's expected people will go against what's set out for them, hell they might think the comments section IS a forum for the newbs of the net.

15. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

[me=YoshiFlip]dies by saying the quote[/me]

On-topic: It is actually a really good idea to hide the "post comment". Much users search for the box and start pressing the keyboard (like me sometimes). Now, they get two options to look at;
    I need/want to:
    Get help with this game - This is great. There was already a rule about that by the comments, but much users didn't follow it. This is an big step to a clean game comments page.
    Post my rating about this game (or something) - Also great. This is an step to stop the "This doesn't work on ......" comments.

16. Seph

I'm not even close to done yet, got loads of good stuff coming up with the comments.

17. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

GREAT!!!