1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Banjo game

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by rounds25, May 14, 2008.

1. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/banjokazooie/news.html?sid=6190499&mode=recent

Rare is making another Banjo game, which they announced about a 2 years ago, and have been working in secrecy on it. But I have some problems with it. I mean, a vehicle editor is cool and all, but it doesn't seem right for a Banjo game. Maybe it's because this was my favorite game as a child, and now that I'm older it seems a bit stupid. Has anyone else played the original games, so I don't sound so crazy?

2. ultra

ultra Guest

i don't really think it's going to make a difference as it doesn't look like it will attract many xbox 360 owners into buying the game.

think and compare, gears of war 2 or banjo nuts and bolts? i "believe" most 360 owners will buy banjo nuts and bolts. ;)

it just doesn't fit the demographics of the 360 audiences.

3. ultra

ultra Guest

exactly!! if winter had the choice of getting one game, either banjo or gears, there is no way that he's going to buy banjo. it may have modest sales, but not as the expectations that other games have.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends, if x360 owners had an N64 and banjo, the nostalgia might make them buy the new banjo game.

5. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

I'd buy it...

People would buy GOW2 over most games....
    doesn't mean they don't want the other game....

And it's actually more likely to appeal to 360 owners,
    as many are old enough to have played Banjo as kids..

6. ultra

ultra Guest

exactly, even though there may be gamers who have played the game in the past, it doesn't mean that they will buy it. gamers will more likely make a purchase of gears of war compared to purchasing banjo.
    so banjo is in a tough competition this year when compared to the games being released later on this year.

7. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Of course gamers are going to buy Gears of War 2 over Banjo...
    But thats like saying people will buy Zelda over pes2008....
    But it doesn't make pes2008 a bad game...