1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Avatar Series! :D

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by tarotmaniac, Jul 22, 2010.

1. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

I Am a devoted fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender and i was pretty upset when it ended. I was hoping they would make a new Season but instead they made a new series!

Nickelodeon Greenlights New Series From the Creators of the Animated Television Hit Avatar: The Last Airbender

Series Creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko Bring Fans a New Adventure in the Avatar World The Legend of Korra

BURBANK, Calif., July 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Nickelodeon, the number one producer of television animation in the world, has greenlit a new series from the creators of the hit animated TV show Avatar: The Last Airbender, it was announced today by Brown Johnson, President, Animation, Nickelodeon and MTVN Kids and Family Group. The new series The Legend of Korra (working title), from creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, will premiere on Nickelodeon in 2011, continuing the evolution of the animated franchise and its mythology. The original series was the inspiration for the Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies live-action epic adventure, The Last Airbender, which has already grossed more than $115 million at the box office to date.

[​IMG]

"Mike and Bryan have imagined a compelling new story inspired by the Airbender mythology that they so brilliantly crafted when the TV series began," Johnson said. "This new avatar is not only a girl, but also hot-headed, independent and ready to take on the world."

The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of Avatar: The Last Airbender and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City – a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

Can't wait to see this! What Do you guys think? :D

source : http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nickelodeon-greenlights-new-series-from-the-creators-of-the-animated-television-hit-avatar-the-last-airbender-98925659.html

2. Irili

Irili Active Member

I had somewhat hoped that Avatar would remain untouched as I felt it was perfect and ended perfectly.

However, a darker side of me is hyped up for this though I feel I'll probably be disappointed by this second series.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

So the live action movie served only to rekindle the flame that the original series lit up eh?

The fact that the main hero, or heroine in this case is female is something that piqued my attention & since she's from the water tribe I'm hoping she'll be as awesome as Katara was.

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Katara was awesome?

Anyways. This is very very interesting. A girl protagonist this time.

5. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

F*CK*NG AWESOME!! :D I can't wait to see this!

Wait, what? Aangs son? Who is the mother? Katara?

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Pretty obvious I'd say.

At least she wasn't such a bitch as Toph or Azula were :p

7. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Excuse me? Toph, Bitch? You wanna take this outside buddy?

Anyways, not 100% sure if I'm cool for another series. As one of the above mentioned, Avatar was good where it ended.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yeah, I guess bitchy was a bit harsh, how about bratty then?

I hated her attitude issues in the beginning.

9. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

I don't know why but I loved her rough attitude.

10. Stanley Richards

I was honestly freaked out by Azula by the end of the series. There's something wrong with her. She's the politician of the past.

Post Merge: [time]1279820508[/time]

Actually, Korra is Aang's granddaughter.

11. Irili

Irili Active Member

Uhhhh? Proof please! I hope Korra doesn't end up as a remake of Katara. She needs to be her own person.
    I really hope they do this series right or it'll be time to break out the torches and pitchforks again.
    ...On second thought, that sounds pretty fun!

12. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Hmm, I secretly loved avatar ;D GIRL POWER!!!

P.S, I thought Toph was cool :p I liked her, not so `standard' as every other girl :)

13. Stanley Richards

Oops.. I read that wrong. Sorry.

14. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Yay! Water bending is still my favourite,.
    (Oh, and Korra looks like a trap from behind)

15. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

I love Katara more then any other girl that appear in the series.... oh well maybe the acupuncture girl.

avatar is a great series.... i hope this new series as good as avatar....

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That series was very good.

The movie...I haven't seen it...

But this. This should be interesting.

I didn't think she was a bitch, but Azula was for sure.
    I hated her.

My favorite character was probably Uncle. He was hilarious.

17. Stanley Richards

Wasn't Uncle voiced by Mako?

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes, Uncle Iro was casted by Mako...who is now dead. :(

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Iroh's character (always having a wise saying for every situation) was so "traditional" Asian & was EPIC!

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Hence why I loved him so much!
    He always gave good advice even if the younger viewers couldn't understand it. :p