1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New animal species discovered in Borneo

Discussion in 'General News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I just read this after I logged out of my email & was sent to yahoo's front page:

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/afp/20100422/tap-malaysia-brunei-wildlife-environment-0193655.html

So yeah, everyday humanity's recklessness may be causing the extinction of two to three species of plants & animals but it seems mother nature replenishes the lost with new ones :)

Also, it's at our own hands why animals/plants undergo mutations that alter their natural evolutionary development as well.

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8647000/8647558.stm

We also found a tiny new moth in Britain.

It's always pretty cool when we find something new... Unless it kills us or something.

3. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for some talking turtles to bless us with their wisdom, but with only about four intelligent species on Earth out of the the billions/trillions evolved, It might take awhile
    p.s. Primates, Dolphins, Whales, and Elephants if you're wondering

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

A frog that fires Love Darts, Cupid had returned

5. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Nature is amazing.

6. DECADE5

DECADE5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but keep in mind that- 25 species (insects/animals/etc) that are here here and now are gone tomorrow and 25 never-been-before species will be here tomorrow. So there is still some explorin' and new things to find comin' up!

7. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a story a looooong time ago (at least 2-3 years ago I think) that featured a photo of what was believed to be an as yet undiscovered species of mammal. Scientists couldn't be sure though because the camera was motion-detecting and not actually manned when the photo was taken and because (If I remember correctly); a leaf (or something) fell in front of the creature just as the picture was taken and obscured the animal's face.
    Does anyone else remember that story?

EDIT: Found it, I was a little off about the falling leaf though.
    [​IMG]

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

that look like a plastic dinosaur.

9. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

It's clearly some sort of lemur >.> See the glowing eyes on the left?

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Lemur's eyes glow in the dark? Did not know that.

[me=Stanley Richards]goes to look for a Lemur to light the way through dark corridoors in school.[/me]

11. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Baka... they glow because they reflect the light...

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wait, that was a tail? >.> i though that is a head with long neck and a glowing butt lol XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.