1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New 3DS - will the R4 cart that work on dsi work with 3DS?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by noorhanna, Feb 12, 2011.

1. noorhanna

noorhanna New Member

Hello all

Just wondering if anyone knows that with the new 3DS, will the R4 cart work playing normal dsi games and watching 2d films in dpg format?

I understand 3DS claims can play old dsi cart as well as the new 3DS games. So does that mean the R4 cart I use with my dsi will work too?

Thank you for your help.

2. Chris_Highwind

Chris_Highwind Active Member

I highly doubt it, I have an EZ-Flash Vi card, but I'm keeping my DS Lite in case the 3DS has a security measure that prevents flashcards from working. Knowing Nintendo, they're probably thinking of some way to combat piracy for their new system

3. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Nobody knows yet since the 3DS isn't out.

Most likely the new firmware in the 3DS will prevent the current flashcarts from working on it, that is, until new firmware updates or new flashcarts come out.

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Which R4 do you have?

5. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Doubt it.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt any flashcart out will work on the 3DS at all. If it does work, I'll let you know. I have 3 kinds of DSi flashcarts. Just sayin'. :3

7. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

hehe , what a lovely thought .

8. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

ill try my cards aswell where should i post a thing about wich carts work on it
    i have ex4i, ttdsi, scds2, iplayer and r4i ultra

9. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Ow, the 3DS won't be hacked for a long time I think.
    Their will be a gaint AP on it

10. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

i dont mind if i have to buy another card to play 3ds games but i am expecting the scds2 to be able to do it

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The DS games at least.

If flashcarts are even feasible, then there will have to be a whole new breed of them.

12. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Nintendo would make the same mistake , at least they'll block all current flashcarts in the market.

13. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

but with updates we should be able to play the current cards that work with dsi because they are update able

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nobody knows for sure until February 26th, man. This has been said a lot by myself and others.

15. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

there is no point to this thread. why are you in such a hurry of knowing if the 3ds isnt even out yet. once its out, this can be answered. as for the 3ds games, im guessing it will take a while to get hacked. but it is good in some sort of way because that way the game library gets bigger in the meantime

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

This seems just like my 3DS to Stop Piracy thread. :p