1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NES/GB/GBC/GBA Imports

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Inunah, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Anyone want to add to this list of good NES/GB/GBC/GBA Imports? The list is of what I have right now, but I'd like to add to it (mostly because there is a distinct lack of GBA on this list and some lack of NES games).

List the Japanese name (if possible or if there is one) and the handheld/system the game is on... It sometimes makes it easier to find the rom of the game that way.

The list (so far, with links to any translation patches):
    Sweet Home (NES) [Requires translation patch]
    Cocoron (NES) [Optional translation patch]
    Joy Mech Fight (NES)
    Mother (NES) [Requires translation patch]
    Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-Kun (NES)
    Noah's Ark (NES)
    Donald Land (NES)
    Rockin' Kats (NES)
    Beatmania GB (GBC)
    Beatmania GB 2 Gotcha Mix (GBC/SGB/GB)
    Beatmania GB Gotcha Mix 2 (GBC)
    Dance Dance Revolution GB (GBC)
    Dance Dance Revolution GB 2 (GBC)
    Dance Dance Revolution GB 3 (GBC)
    God Medicine (GB) [Requires translation patch]
    Keitai Denjuu Telefang Power/Speed Version (GBC) [Requires translation patch]
    Pokemon Green (GB) [Requires translation patch]
    Rhythm Tengoku (GBA)
    bit Generations: Coloris (GBA)
    Mother 3 (GBA) [Requires translation patch]
    Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (GBA) [Requires translation patch]

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Noah's Ark (NES) Plays like Mario Meets Megaman - you can jump on your enemies and shoot them - there's a lot of transformations - Made by KONAMI - Europe only. Mentioned in an AVGN episode.

Donald Land (NES) NES McDonalds happy platformer with surprisingly good bomb physics. Made by data east - japan only.

Also

HOW IN GODS NAME DID YOU FORGET EARTHBOUND ZERO AND MOTHER 3? XD

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Didn't we get a McDonald's platformer for the NES here in the US? MC Kids or something?

Also, I forgot those games because they're not currently on my Micro SD (Saving room for games I'm currently playing).

4. personuser

Yeah. Donald Land is a completely different ballgame.

McKids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7j3XM2Xcvw
    Donald Land: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCe-gTEAKjg
    Note: DATA EAST PRERSENTS! XD It's actually really fun tho.

Also: rockin' kats (NES) is bionic commando with jumping, made by atlus. And the eight-way "grappling hook" is also a fist/weapon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94PJOMvgAJM

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

In that video:

Grimmace's name is misspelled. Ronald McDonald is called Donald McDonald. Who the hell are Captain and Uncle and Professor?

6. personuser

The Jap Ronald IS Donald McDonald actually :p from wiki: The reason that it's called "Donald Land" instead of Ronald Land is that Ronald McDonald is known as "Donald McDonald" in Japan C, U and P are some less-known JAP only McDs chars.

Captain Croc: - appeared as a boss on the 8th level, but helped on the 9th.

Professor: - not a well-known character. Appears in the ending.

Uncle: - Uncle O'Grimacey, the uncle of character "Grimace".

Spelling errors can be expected in english words for games that came out only in japan in the 80s-early 90s XD

Also, a few things to note

Noah's Ark doesn't work in NESDS :( It kills you at the start of the levels.

If you ever add tg16 to that list, PUT GEKIBO ON. It's one of the JP-only series I'm slightly insane about (as you can probly tell by my av). It's made by IREM, and Katamari Damacy is freaking PONG compared to some of the ultra-crazy-japanese stuff you see in it, plus pop culture references in spades (including the DeLorean, Michael Jackson and King Kong). Hell, you can even still get it off of romu :D (but be sure to use the[T+Eng] version so you'll know what the story and goals are.)

https://www.romulation.org/Retro/NEC_Turbo-Grafx_16_-_PC_Engine/Gekisha_Boy.7z.html/

and nitro grafx for DS supports it too. The sound is weird tho.

7. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Well I'm just looking for nintendo-based stuff right now... You know, since this is a topic on the NINTENDO board.

8. personuser

yeah, that'd make sense XD

anywai, I'm about tapped for now. Good luck with your search!

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

LOL... Well, I'm needing some GBA games on that thar list... I could list other bit Generations games, but I don't find any of the others worth playing.

10. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for the bump, but could I just get more GBA on this list?

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

You do realize that if you do import these games that some of e'm like the mother series would most likely be in Japanese right?

12. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yes I do... But those that need translation patches will be pirated anyway. Unless I can find some eBay bootleg. LOL

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I don't think so, show me a Japanese retro game that has been pre-patched with a fan translation AND had been mass produced as a pirate cart.

14. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Pokemon Diamond/Jade
    Seiken Densetsu 3

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

OK you got me with Seiken Densetsu 3 but Pokemon Diamond/Jade was not a fan made translation game.

Those were definitely pirate hacks, hence the crappy use of English on the games.

Also, what that link you posted said is true, there is a "beta" version of Seiken Densetsu 3 & it often can be found on most ROMs hosting sites.

16. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

But the translation isn't official, hence why it's a FAN translation.

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

You mis-understood what the Fan Translation community is about:

1. Members of the community translate games out of pure love for a specific game.
    2. They do so for non-profit gain - the one rule those retards from Hong Kong or China violated when they made those poor Pokemon games.
    3. Members of the Fan Translation community do their best to make good use of the English language so their work looks professional. - Again something those retards did not do.
    4. Fan Translators are different from ROM Hackers - well Fan translating IS ROM Hacking but what those guys who made Pokemon Jade/Diamond did was they hacked a game that has nothing to do with Pokemon, slapped "Pokemon" on it & made a Profit.

Also, if you look around places like RHDN (romhacking.net) you will not find a "patch" to make Kaijuu Telefang into Pokemon Diamond/Jade as people from those sites do recognize that those are Pirate Hacks & not legitimate fan translations.

18. kikikool

kikikool Member

Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - fun tales game for GBA. Theres a partial translation patch out there for it, if you search google you can find it.

19. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

But there IS a proper translation patch going on for Telefang 1. Here. It's not being sold, though.

Meh, I'll have to learn how to make my own cartridges. XD

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza