1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NES emulator help?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by duzke, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duzke

duzke Well-Known Member

Hey guys, got a couple of problems:
    1. How do i get the NES emulator to run on my DS i.e. do i need to select the nes emulator as i would a ds file and then select the nes games or select the nes games without using the emulator
    2. Where do i download the nes games?
    3. What are the best nes games (do they have MGS)?
    4. What is the difference between nes and snes and is there a snes emulator for the ds?
    5. Where do i put the nes emulator on my ds and where do i put the games?

Please don't take me to another link because ive been looking at those forever but can't seem to fix it. I just want direct help. Thanks.

Cyclods Evolution, v1.55B3.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Emulators https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=5002.0 Simply follow the instructions written in the .txt file that comes with the emulator.

You can download NES ROMs here. https://www.romulation.org/Retro/NES/

SNES is the successor, and there is also a emulator for that as well. See the ^emulators thread. Same as again, read the readme.txt file for correct installation of the emulator and ROMs.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind not all games work on these ds emulators.

For example-ninja gaiden 3 on NES won't show enemies (yet you can still get hurt for some reason...) and the star fox on SNES won't even play as it's too much for the ds to handle :(

4. fe7fan249

fe7fan249 Member

are you trying to say that you are attempting to play a emulator on your real life NDS, if so i dont think its possible even for the DSi, my DSi wont even find the files, if not then what do u mean by "How do i get the NES emulator to run on my DS"? to the best of my knowledge DS emus wont play NES roms, at least mine wont

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

There are S/NES emulators specifically coded for use on the DS.

6. duzke

duzke Well-Known Member

One more thing - do i need a slot-2 device to play nes or snes games?

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

8. duzke

duzke Well-Known Member

Thanks Anandjones.
    Post Merge: [time]1254981901[/time]
    This can be locked now thanks, i have all my answers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.