1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Neopets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragonQuester, Feb 17, 2008.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Do any of you remember neopets? The virtual pet site that use to be popular, and I think still is? Well I do. And I use to have a cool account called navkat. (until I forgot the incorrect birthdate i inserted when registering :p) And I could never log into it again. aBut I created a new account, called navkat25 and its almost as good. I stopped playing, but I still do remember it. Do any one of you still play it, remember it, or use to play it? Tell me your comments ;D

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It went to hell once it was sold to that religious cult owner.

3. DragonQuester

Wow Loony, I am confused :p What do you mean?

4. Loonylion

adam and donna sold the site to some guy who owns a religious cult. He takes all the income generated and pours it into his cult, so there is no money spent on developing and maintaining the neopets site.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Ha, I remember this, my niece used to go on it all the time (yes I am an uncle).

6. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Yes.... i used to play it and they even have a bank system.... Should play using trainer last time

7. DragonQuester

Oh darn, That religious cult.. Ahh whatever, no harm to us right? We still play it like normal :D

Hahha anandjones, an uncle! ;D

8. PhatomKids

i remember the neopet that i use when playing neopet is call shouryu or something like that

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well i still have some of my pets there....all female XD, i also collect some bunny like dolls....at my friend sister's account but since i didnt log in for a while, neopets ask for birthday and my friend didnt want to tell me his sister's birthdays....so....oh well....neopets is funs...but like other online game....play them too much and you will get board of them.

10. PhatomKids

Yes that would be truth play to much online game and you will get boring for sure because most online game does not have a story line and most importantly neopet cannot interact with other player no wonder we get board.... Since i am playing battleon now i wonder when will i get board of that game....

11. Loonylion

Proper online games (i.e the ones were you have a client program on your PC that you run to play it) generally have some sort of storyline, even the shooting games, though the storyline in shooting games can often be weaker than in other games.

When I played neopets you could interact with other players in the battledome, but that was it.

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Na, most online games like MU which has a client don't generally have a storyline. My little brother plays Dragonfable.

13. Loonylion

world of warcraft, everquest, everquest 2, lineage II, project entropia all have storylines.

14. calvin_0

well i belive most MMORPG have a storyline (atleast a background story of that game) but they not as heave as other game.

15. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Ahhh, neopets, how you've grown (for the worse). Used to pump in hours a day on getting NP when I was 9 or so. It was quite entertaining, but went progressively worse from 2002 onwards. Too much ads, shit community, hacks, freezes, scams, unplayable games, etc. the crap could go on and on.

16. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Wait! Adam and Donna sold the site!?!?!? That's why it's slowly dying, I used to think it was one of the best sites ever, My username is Karljude2002, I have a Grarral, Gelert, Pheophin, and a Jetsam (I think they are) I quit some years ago after the new layout was made, or after the first youyuball tournament (The think like FIFA) THose were great times, but my friends left the site, and It got boring. I liked it when Adam and Donna ruled the site, I met them once...Adam DOESN'T SMELL OF POO! and I hope they can get the site back :'( It has so amny memories

17. Loonylion

nah they sold it years ago, and loads of people left when they did.

18. calvin_0

lol i remember the name of those doll that i collect XD..its call Usuki Dolls....XD

btw if you intrested, search for my name, calvin_0 and look at my pets IIRC its name is Loverly_0, she is my 1st pet

19. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

DO NOT USE SHORTHAND ON THE FORUMS, Ahem, now that that's taken care of, read the Forum rules, while I go to sleep

20. Me.Anime.

Me.Anime. Member

I used to play it.. but it bores so quickly.