1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by crazytuna, Jul 3, 2009.

1. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Ok I have just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion

At first, it looked fine (yay battles, never can get bored with some huge ass robots beating some aliens), but that's the first part
    No complaints about it

Now the second part. that's where everything starts to fuck up (sorry for the F word here), ok I get that each characters are going through some hard times (psychology, it always intrigued me), but the ending
    WHAT?
    THE?
    FUCK?
    I mean what the hell just happened? Did I miss something?
    I just couldn't understand it

Now if anybody actually understood the ending, can anybody explain it to me?
    Cause the serie was very good, I don't want to hate it just because I can't understand the ending

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

The OVA was worse, there was a sex scene in it as well :p

Seriously, after Neon Genesis Evangelion, Robot anime's began to have dark, psychological or even obscure themes as the focus of the plot. And every other anime too have become graphically more violent.

I liked it better when anime had big round eyes & had lots of light humour, even when they remade Astroboy it lost the "fun" atmosphere of the original :p

3. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Such as Gundam Seed Destiny.... there are a lot of crazy guys in that show...

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I like the classic Voltes V, Daimos, Combattler V, Getter Robo, Mazinger Z & Go Lion (Voltron) better. Those older Super Robot shows had morals after each episode as well. Yeah it's a bit corny having morals on cartoons, but it's way better than the newer garbage anime that have been produced in recent years.

By that, I'm apologizing in advance to lovers of these newer animes, but compared to the older stuff I loved watching, these newer ones are mostly trash :p

5. wurrburr

wurrburr New Member

The End Of Evangelion is better anyways. It's the real 25 and 26. The television versions of those are now more companion pieces than anything. It's not any less confusing, and it's really hard to try and squeeze all the symbolism and possible meanings into a forum post. But at least it doesn't have a everybody congratulating Shinji.

And speaking of Eva, they've been remaking it. Movies 1 and 2 have opened in Japan already, and I'm probably going to see the US version this weekend since it's opening in a few theaters this week.

6. crazytuna

Yes that was the part where I was WTF?

7. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

You have a point there crazytuna, it was cool at the beginning, but after shinji kills kaowu(? dunno how to spell, the angel), everything just, well, fell apart?

8. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

this was the only robot anime i liked
    the animes ending and end of evangelions ending were both crap.
    i think there making four new movies.
    three are just a remake of the series and the four is ANOTHER alternative ending. this may be the tv series with the most endings

9. marzz92

They are totally remaking the anime... with even a new character... don't know how much difference it will make though... we will see

10. crazytuna

Yeah they are remaking 4 movies
    I mean they could be remaking movies until 2050, cause this anime is still really popular, I just hope that this ending will be something good
    even the End of Evangelion was screwed up, where Asuka told Shinji on the beach :kimochi warui, I'm not sure what it meant either
    god can they give us an UNDERSTANDABLE ending?

11. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

I posted something similar to this a long while back. My friend, no one understood the ending of that anime. I was like WTF O_O, myself..Just don't stress yourself over it too much..

12. marzz92

But i can't just accept it, such a great anime ruined by a lousy ending....

13. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

WHAT THE!?
    Is that true??

14. marzz92

There was? Which one?

15. crazytuna

really?
    well if you call Shinji touching himself a sex scene...

16. marzz92

You mean the end of evangelion?

17. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

huh...-_-"
    Is he masturbate or something??

18. crazytuna

Yes and yes

19. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Okay time for school children:
    the original Eva tv show was made when gainax was still a smallish studio so it had to get people to invest in eva,back in the day it started in prime time tv (aired after Teenage mutant ninja turtles) but as the show went on gainax started to loose money cause with their limited resources the show was getting suckier and the religious overtones was getting feedback from the religious communities the show was cut back to a 11:00PM-ish time slot and it lost even more money then when it came to the last episodes the tv station flat-out refused to play those episodes so the creators made two false episodes but then later realese'ed the proper episodes in movie format now alot later gainax has grown very big and the new four movies are what the creators wanted to make at the time but couldnt beacuse of political reasons(no money,not allowed and not good enough technology) so even i havent seen the new movies yet but if the creators say that they are how eva is supposed to be then i think they will belive them.

and crazy tuna the sex scene was between misato and kaji

20. crazytuna

^ we didn't even see that scene >_>

but if what you say it's true, then the last movie should be kick-ass then