1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NeoDS ROM Conversion Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by LuckyTrouble77, Aug 23, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I have the NeoDS NeoGeo emulator for the DS. Like other NeoGeo emulators, it needs the ROM's to be in a very specific format to play.

NeoDS comes with a not so straight forward conversion tool. I have the bios (still in compressed form), and I have a MAME version of Metal Slug (Super-Vehicle-001 or w/e). For the life of me, I can't get the ROM to convert. I've tried a couple tutorials and haven't really gotten anywhere.

I would like to know how other users may have gotten this to work, and what steps might be required to make it work correctly. I will also accept any pre-converted ROM's others already have, as to save both you and me some work (you don't have to try and explain, and I don't have to try and follow).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Don't I feel dull. Well, I just converted it perfectly. The ending it .neo and everything. I guess I'll post here if I have any other issues getting this thing to work.

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

After that it should be pretty much flawless.

But some roms have issues converting, because of where you get them :p

I was able to convert about 100 unique roms including all the metal slugs, shock troopers, 2020 super baseball, puzzle bobble, and a ton more (even KOF 2003!). Yuo have no idea how awesome it is seeing a PS2-port running about 90% on the DS, EMULATED, no less!.

3. LuckyTrouble77

I'm gonna try lots of MAME roms and see what I can get working well. This emulator is pretty awesome too. Found out everything has to be on the root of the card though (or at least the ROM's do). That threw me for a loop, as I'm used to the emulator letting me choose where the roms are from the file directory.

4. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Well, it's only for the MVS/AES systems, so don't expect galaga and stuff.

It's not really a problem (the root placing) unless your card displays ALL files in its browser, not just executable ones.

And pretty much all of the DS arcade emus have a prespecified directory (for most it's MAMEroms).

5. link064

link064 Well-Known Member

try this site it contains pre_converted roms: http://www.filecrop.com/NeoDS-roms.html

6. TURDXJUICE

TURDXJUICE New Member

where do i get started on putting roms on my r4?

7. LuckyTrouble77

Bro, go make your own thread.