1. This forum is in read-only mode.

*Needed help extracting* Figured it out

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Snowdenizen, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowdenizen

Snowdenizen New Member

So I've been using emulators for a few years off and on, and someone told me there were DS emulators out so I just had to come see. Well I found an emulator no problem, but when I started downloading roms everything got a little shady. I tried from a few sites including this one, downloading multiple times (downloaded one rom 5 times) And no site or rom would get past the 97-99% extraction mark without winrar telling me "blah blah blah path path path. Unable to open, file corrupt." on every game. I was poking around here in the various forums and saw some suggestions about making sure my winrar was up to date, so I went and tried downloading it again. Went smooth until. . . I was installing it and it said that the file was corrupt xD
    I remembered seeing a post here about wifi making things difficult, and while I use a router, I assumed since i was connected "directly" to my modem through the router, using two ethernet cables, I was not prone.

Removed the router from the situation, everything is running well so far =)

tl;dr: Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, if other people post similar problems see if they're using routers. Not sure if you usually ask, but I only saw it once in the topics I found.

Thanks guys, hope for continued excellence on your part =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.