1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need your opinions please.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ultramon, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultramon

Ultramon Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong area but I need some advice on flashcarts.

I own an R4i-SDHC card now, but I'm getting impatient for it to be updatedso it will work on my DSi v1.4E.
    So my questions are:

What card do you recommend for my DSi? (easy to use, regular updates, already 1.4 compatible etc)
    Where is the cheapest place to find that card?
    And how long will the delivery be to the UK?

I'm going on holiday in 9 days so I know I'm pushing it, but any replies will be appreciated!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ebay is what I use for flashcards-delivery is up to seller (and where they are-if in china I say a month-unless you find seller in uk)

acekard 2.i is what I suggest-but no clue if they got past 1.4 yet.

Prices vary if you use facebook.

Unfortunatly, that's all I have-still runing an older 2.1 of that card-which doesn't work on dsi so no experience :(

I think patients will have to wait-but if you find "mod shops" try there-no need for postage if that's the case.

WHere are you going btw-I could help if it's down under XD

3. Ultramon

Ultramon Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I completely forgot about Ebay (even though I've never bought anything from it).

I was actually thinking of an acekard 2.i but didn't know if it was my best bet.

And I'm going to Wales, UK. Not leaving the country which is a shame.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm, well the acekard's have done well, and have least amount of tech help needed here XD

Hrm, well if you look around markets that sell a bit of eveything you may find modders-even some smaller phone shops do (in australia that is-lucky i guess) but of course ebay is my option.

Try www.acekard.com

See if it mentions anything about by passing 1.4 update.

5. Ultramon

Ultramon Member

Ok thanks.

I'll have a wander round my local market and random stall holders see if they sell anything other than the R4 and R4i that I own already.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm, I thought by now they might have made an r4i update...

But just asking why did you update in first place-if it's dsi shop you could have saved some money-we can dump the roms just need to decypt them to work on any dsi-though you'd have to wait-long time is my guess.

7. Ultramon

Ultramon Member

There are updates for R4i's but not for my red boxed r4isdhc.com one. It's a pain in the neck.

And I updated because I went on the internet on the DSi. By the time I realised what I was doing, it was too late.
    Since my DSi got updated, I went on the DSi shop and got some stuff off it so I could still play something on my new(ish) DSi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.