1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need undub help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jutah, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Jutah

Jutah Member

So I downloaded an undub of Professor Layton and the Lost Future, and I'm a little unclear on how I get it to work. I extract the .7z file, and in the folder, there are the following files: a Windows Batch File called patchme, a Text Document called readme, a PATCH File called undub.patch and an Application called xdelta. The readme file contains the following text:
    "Êàê ïðîïàò÷èòü:
    1) Ðàñïàêîâàòü ñîäåðæèìîå àðõèâà â îòäåëüíóþ ïàïêó
    2) ðàñïàêîâàòü òóæå æå àíãëèéñêèé ÐÎÌ
    3) çàïóñòèòü patchme.bat

=================================================================

Îðèãèíàë : 5200 - Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (USA)
    Ðàçìåð : 268 435 456
    CRC32 : B311E1EC
    MD5 : BD35908D4DC01A85C8847F6B71975551

Ðåçóëüòàò : 5200 - Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (USA) (UNDUB)
    Ðàçìåð : 250 893 110
    CRC32 : 511C6378
    MD5 : 128640A71DD571E8FD7F2258D07ACDB6"

...Which isn't really any help at all. I've tried running patchme and xdelta and nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas? By the way, I downloaded the file from a file sharing site, so I don't know who originally made it.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

That just mean the patch file package is meant to be use to patch a USA region prof.layton rom.
    You must run the xDelta program (rignt click-Run as Admin if necessary), then you should see at least 2 rows.
    Top textbox is usually use to select the patching file (the one marked as patch.xdelta), bottom one is to select the clean rom to patch (clean rom as in a rom that not yet patched), then you must choose OK or something like that, give the file a name (don't forget giving it an extension .NDS if necessary). Done.

Read this tutorial if you must : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=59991.0

3. Jutah

Jutah Member

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks.