1. This forum is in read-only mode.

need translator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manny2260, Oct 10, 2007.

1. manny2260

manny2260 Well-Known Member

i need someone to help a group of people(including me) translate its a wonderful world in english we have a text editor etc we just need a translator.

2. stevo11185

stevo11185 Well-Known Member

LOL... Thats like saying we have all the materials to build a house, but we haven't got the money to hire the builder

3. manny2260

i know but some people might not even consider it if we didint have the tools

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Just out of curiosity, what does the other members of the group do if they can't translate?

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

They typically make the dumpers and inserters for the text and they usually have a couple beta-testers on top of that.

Most video game translations always have trouble finding a dedicated translator for the project, which leads to some of them either being released a lot later then they should, or not being released at all.

Have you tried asking at www.romhacking.net yet? You might get lucky if you ask there.

6. manny2260

thanks ill try that when we finish ill make sure to post it here for all of use to enjoy :p

Edit: yeah finding translators is the most difficult thing to do. some translators state their japanese is authentic when they are actually using babel fish etc -_- and its ironic because those translators say they have a 2.0% or so margin when its more like 67.9 i translated "this is a sentence" to japanses to french and back to english and it said this is a WHEAT! it really has diffirent results different times all had misleading results. i can imagine hurry men to your dairy!

Wait i just had an idea anyone here speak thai?

Anyone?