1. This forum is in read-only mode.

need some help

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by drchud, Aug 13, 2013.

1. drchud

drchud New Member

ok the background. my son has a 3ds that is STILL on firmware 4.5.0-10u. He has a r4i 3ds gold card from r4ids.cn recently he has been experiencing problems whe playing games form the flash cart. then today it just stopped working. when inserted in teh 3ds the square where it shows the game remains blank. any idea what could be the problem? i know there is a recent firmware upgrade but as i said its still on 4.5.0. so im not sure what would cause the card to not even read in the 3ds. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

What did you do to try mitigate the 'problem' prior to it stopped working?

1. If you had tried upgrading the cart's firmware; either it was wrong file used or failed to update and ended up bricked/damaged
    2. If you hadn't tried doing anything to the cart's firmware; either the SD Micro card is dead or the R4 flash cart is dead
    * test SD Micro on computer to see if it's working; if it failed then it's dead and need replacing
    * test flash cart on other console to see if it's working; if it failed then it's dead and need replacing
    3. Had you/your son played online and accidentally agreed to update the 3DS console to v.6.2.0 before updating the R4's firmware?
    * if yes then likely your cart was blocked; but this is very unlikely since even if it was blocked it should have shown an error message
    which in your case probably didn't see any writing
    4. You/your son might have accidentally deleted/overwritten a file from the SD Micro
    * if yes, then need to find and reinstate the missing file; but again this is unlikely since even if it was the case, an error message should
    have shown on screen

I should assume either no.1 or no.2 is the case; bricked or dead or damaged.