1. This forum is in read-only mode.

need points...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hatoriihanzo, Feb 12, 2007.

1. hatoriihanzo

hatoriihanzo New Member

im only 13 and dont have any credit card... is there any way else i can get points :-\

also im willing to give 4 psp isos for points too

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

There are lots of ways you can get points.

For starters you get 50 points everyday just for being a member! Also if you play a gba game you could take some screenshots and upload those to our website, if they get approved you get 5 points per screenshot! Lastly you can write your opinion about the games too, each comment you write gives you two points!

3. Irdion

Irdion Active Member

It's not so hard, and patience is cardinal virtue :D

SB

4. daoist23

daoist23 New Member

but xenogears costs so many points... I swear it will go to a good cause

5. Seph

We provide 500 points to begin with and 50 points every day, you really should have enough to get started and by the time you're done with the game you downloaded you ought to have enough to get another game.

6. Cynic

Cynic Member

There is a way to buy stuff online without a real credit card.
    It involves prepaid visa cards and paypal. I'm not sure if it would work here, though.

7. daoist23

daoist23 New Member

I currently read a point total less than 500, that would be enough to download the first disc. I have accumulated extra points since the last log-in, but I don't seem to have recieved the initial package. Granted, that's not really anyone else's problem, but I do have an itching to play Nietzschean futuristic mech rpgs as of late, so any bone some higher up could throw me would be greatly appreciated.

8. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

paypal and prepaid visa card are pretty much the same.......you cant pay or buy stuff without an account unless its beeing wired to a certain account, and besides you cant give an account to a 13 year old now can you...........the only diff is that prepaid visa is just like your average visa account, only with no hassles and you can use it on paypal, paypal practically allows you to wire your money with any account (to purchase what you need in a safe way), takin visa checking account heck even savings account, or atleast I think

althought the thought of giving points in exchange for games and other goodies isnt so bad....hey seph have you put some thought into that....its actually interesting........maybe just a thought when you read this section of the post. :p ::)

9. Seph

meh points for games is too much work, with paypal donations everything is handled by the script. We will soon be introducing new ways to earn points besides commenting on roms and uploading screenshots though.

10. Prototype

so beeing a good friend to yours trully :p will grant me more points?....... ;D

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes they are single use credit cards. However, if you need to sign up to paypal to get the single use card, what is the point in trying to use it with RomUlation? just use the paypal account. The single use cards would work, but in all honesty they are just making the donation process more complicated than it need be in terms of donating to RomUlation

Not to any account. My paypal is attached to my 'current' account (daily use account) and then its like using my visa debit card. Paypal will not attach to my savings account.

12. Seph

You CAN attach paypal to a bank though, only that will make payments a bank transfer which will take a while longer to process than a credit card payment.

13. Loonylion

thats what I said...

14. Prototype

Hey loony, you like to taunt and quote alot of us dont you..... :p

15. Loonylion

*french accent* 'Iii dont wanna talk to you no more. Now go away, or I shall taunt you again' :p

(look up 'Monty Python french taunting' on youtube ;) )

16. Prototype

lol........he sounds just like you loony....a taunteish :p

17. ultra

ultra Guest

so if i say, i like the game. it's a good game. i get 4 points total since it says i get 2 points for each comment. since there are 2 comments, i like the game and it's a good game, 2*2=4?

18. Loonylion

only if they're separate comments, and only until I notice...

What we giveth we can also taketh away :p

19. Seph

Yes you do get 4 points if you make two comments. But the new version will support rating of comments so people can rate your comment as bad and if it gets low enough it will show up in our admin section and we'll deal with it, depend on severity we will take points away or ban the user entirely for fighting against the system.

Also we get the x latest comments in our admin section which we check once in a while so if a user posts in some absurd never visited game it will still get caught.

And finally should we not catch the comments being posted then we catch the user later as we do checks on users who post a lot by getting a random sample of his or hers comments. If they're bad then ban and if they're good then we might promote the user to database updater (if the user is interested)

So you can try and cheat the system, but chances are we will find out.

20. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

You can have some of my points if you want...I dont use that many...
    ...Of course then you'll owe me sexual favours :-*