1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by BeckiiRawrr, Jul 22, 2013.

1. BeckiiRawrr

BeckiiRawrr New Member

Hi. Yesterday I went to the local flea market and found this place where they sold the DS carts. The man told us it had 1000 games for $40. We accepted to buy it, only to find out that those 1000 games where mostly NES games that we're really not interested in playing. He refused to give us our money back or to put the games that we wanted and that he had promised in the cart, and told us to do it ourselves.

Now I've never really used flashcarts before, and I have no clue where to start. I want to get rid of most of the games (like 950 lol) which are mostly NES, N64, and Super Nintendo games, and download some DS games and maybe some GB ones. The cart that I have is this one:
    [​IMG]
    With a 4GB Micro SD. I'd love a push in the right direction, since I've been looking at guides for hours and still really have no idea what do to.

EDIT: Ok, I figured out what to do and got over the fear of accidentally deleting every bit of information on the card lol. What I want to know now is if it's possible to put GBA/GB games on it and how, since I haven't really found a guide on that.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

LOL!!! :D

Of cause you can't demand refund. He didn't lie about there being 1000 roms, thus clearly he kept to his promise. You're the one who failed to ask what they are. He has no obligation to detail it if not asked. In any case, you can drop your expectation to add/play GBA roms on it. Won't work. However you can play GB/GBC rom on it by adding an emulator such as "Lameboy" into it. There are several similar emulators for playing GB/GBC and other old school genre on it. Oh by the way, just to let you know.... You'd overpaid a second hand clone unreliable cart. That cart even if brand new doesn't cost that much. The seller profited big from your lack of product knowledge.

3. Kevingropp

Kevingropp New Member

if you want to play gba games, you need to buy dstwo, this is the best card to play gba games on 3ds, and now dstwo can work on 3ds v6.1.0-11 directly, you can buy it from http://www.modchipwarehouse.com/supercard-dstwo-flashcart-for-3ds-xl-3ds-dsi-ds-lite-p-5.html . I bought one last week, it works great.

4. BeckiiRawrr

BeckiiRawrr New Member

Lol yeah, thing is I actually asked him if there were specific games in it, and he said there were. And also asked if the games were all DS, and he said they were too, scammed big time because of lack of knowledge :| Aw well... is there any reason why GBA games wont work? Is it because they simply wont work on the system or is it the card? I'm going to take this opportunity to learn how to add games and whatever, maybe later on i'll get one that GBA compatible...

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

GBA games cannot be played on slot one flashcarts, with the exception of the dstwo, because this flashcart contains its own cpu and ram, and is therefore able to emulate the gba. the GBA hardware inside an original ds and ds lite cannot be accessed in ds mode, only in gba mode (i.e by a game/flashcart being loaded from the gba slot). The DS hardware is inadequate to emulate GBA.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Basically what you need to know regarding why it's unreliable to try loading GBA roms on an NDS console is as what Loonylion said in the above post. Your best choice would be to get a Supercard DSTwo, which would cost around that much you'd spent on that flea market acquired second hand rip off cart, or cheaper.

As to how to add games? Simply drag and drop .NDS file into SD Micro. Of cause you'd need an up to date flash cart firmware, and probably need a secondary firmware such as TTMENU/YSMENU; should your cart's official firmware no longer releases an up to date kernel/firmware for it.