1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need Help...

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by smokahontas, Jan 11, 2011.

1. smokahontas

smokahontas Member

Hi I'm new to all of the R4 stuff and just recently bought a card for my new DS lite. I dropped the firmware in the root folder and successfully booted my DS up to see the R4 menu. I then opened up a rom and everything looked good, however, after powering down the system and then powering back on the R4 menu failed to load and I'm faced with a blank, white screen. I have tried numerous firmwares and have not been able to get anywhere thus far, except for the first time. I reached the menu only one time on the first try.

This is the product I purchased: http://www.r4ds-ds.com/products/R4-Ultra-SDHC-R4-Revolution-For-DS-DSL-r4ultra.com--p-128.html (The site seemed to have good feedback and customer service, as well as a 6 month warranty)

I am using my own 4gb micro sdhc card. It would be much appreciated if anyone could guide me towards what firmware I should be using as well as why it failed after the successful first time use. -Thanks

2. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

i say dont bother with your old card and get an acecard 2i

3. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

He just bought it why would he just not bother.

Also did the rom boot fine, if all is still not looking good then try get a refund. Since R4 aren't the best cards
    Also have you used this mircoSD before since it might be that causing the problem.
    Also to my knowledge wood is the best firmware for R4 I think

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

for your card the best firmware is AKAIO 1.8.1 for r4 ultra: http://www.r4ultra.com/download/AKAIO_1.8.1.R4U.rar

5. smokahontas

smokahontas Member

Yeah the rom booted up fine the first time with no errors, and the micro sd should be fine I used it with my phone. I read somewhere that a completely white screen means that the card is unusable. Anybody know if this is true and if there is just no hope for my card? Thanks though Honest, I'll probably get a refund if this is the case.

6. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

It is normal you'll get a black/white screen if the your flashcart doesn't work with that game , what you need is waiting for a new firmware .

7. smokahontas

smokahontas Member

Okay so its just a matter of trial and error with trying out different firmwares? What bothers me most is that it actually did work, but now completely fails at every attempt. Also, I haven't had the chance to even try games...the white screen appears as soon as I power on the DS.

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if a game doesnt load. activate bypass ap feature on akaio. to do so
    -go to the game with ap
    -press (Y)
    -press (Y) again
    -go to Bypass Antipiracy and enable it.

that should get many games to work. if not, then format the card

9. smokahontas

smokahontas Member