1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by theAngel3002, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theAngel3002

theAngel3002 Member

hi, I just need to know something. How come when I download the games, Nostalgia, Fritz Chess, Personal Math Trainer, Phantasy Star Zero, Hero's Saga Leavatain Tactics are in extension .rar instead of .nds? 'Coz when I change it to nds it won't let me play it. I only see a black screen. Plz help. Thankx. Oh ya, I have a R4 mod.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You need to extract them as they are compressed. See this tutorial. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=3880.0

3. theAngel3002

theAngel3002 Member

it's not compress. It's already a file but the extension is .rar. I know how to extract it if it was but it wasn't.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

.RAR is a compressed file. You cannot just change it to NDS, you have to use a program like WinRAR to extract the file first.

Extract it like Anandjones said.

5. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Don't tell people who are giving you good advise that they are wrong. It's BAD MANNERS!

6. theAngel3002

theAngel3002 Member

I'm not being impolite or anything but it isn't compress. I'm sorry if you guys think I am.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If it is a RAR file it is compressed. Bottom line. Even if you say it's not compressed, a RAR file is a compressed file.
    Extract it using WinRAR, follow the tutorial linked. That is the answer.

8. vivo

vivo Well-Known Member

Trust them, they are right. But why do you think you need to convert them.

9. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

remember the .zip files? well its the same thing that in the .rar ones, you need win rar, stuffit expander or rar expander (the last if you are a macintosh user)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.