1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gunburn, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunburn

gunburn Active Member

I just put new games in my AK2i but when I opened it I found a folder name USBVAULT/. What it is, is it a virus? I cannot delete it. Please help me.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Is this the first time?

I'll check my Acekard to see if it's normal...

3. gunburn

gunburn Active Member

Yup, this is the first time. I found it in the list of games but when I opened my sd in my computer that folder cannot be found.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just checked-it's something mine doesn't have.

Try scanning it with an anti virus-if it say's nothing delete it-not required.

Also-do you use any unusual programs or devices to plug this into your pc?

Post Merge: [time]1257038195[/time]
    Oh-if your pc can't find it then try deleting it off via the card-the card can delete the files.

But do scan the whole card with an anti virus app first.

5. gunburn

gunburn Active Member

I cannot delete it via my DS. I cannot see the folder when I put it in the PC. I guess its a malware or virus but it does not hurt my DS games. But its freaky and I want to remove it. The folder is empty...

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm able to delete files thru my acekard during use-press start over the folder-move to the delete command.

If all else fails-copy everything to your pc (with the risk of the virus moving...) and reformat the card.

And when I said scan with anti virus-I meant the whole sd card-not just the odd folder.

7. gunburn

gunburn Active Member

I'll try to back it up. Move the ak2i program to another folder and the games to another. So if the virus is in the game I can easily format it.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You could-but doing so will have a risk of spreading what ever it is to your pc...

Best option is to just delete the content without a backup.

Did you scan the whole card?

9. gunburn

gunburn Active Member

Not yet. What will happen to the ak folder with its program if I deleted it all? I dont have a back-up.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's not in mine at all.

It should be fine.

One suggestion that could help (if you have the games already on a pc) is to just save the "sav" files.

But if you didn't backup the games...means a bit of work.

Basically you have the choice of playing it safe and deleting the whole card, backing it up and risk saving whatever viruses it may hold, or leave it alone if it's not affecting gameplay...

But still-I'd keep trying to delete that folder while using the acekard on the ds.

11. gunburn

gunburn Active Member

I think this is a Malware cause my browser have pop-ups. Can anyone suggest a good anti-spyware that is free?
    Post Merge: [time]1257119094[/time]
    Guys! Is there a autorun file in your sd card in AK2i? Cause my problem have a new folder. First the USBVAULT/ and now there is USBSYSTEM/ and I cannot delete it via DS.
    Post Merge: [time]1257122973[/time]
    I've formatted my sd card and still the autorun is there. The USBVAULT was deleted but the new USBSYSTEM was still there. I tried to fix my PC with anti-spyware and detected a high risk malware name autorun.k. I quarantied it, then I tought that the problem was solved but no. Please give some help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.