1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with R4i Gold

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by klofno1, Apr 28, 2013.

1. klofno1

klofno1 New Member

Hello, after a long time not playing the DS I'd like to start playing again. The game I am talking about is Pokémon. Unfortunately this is not possible because I lost the (original) game card. I said to myself, well that's not a big deal because I've got a R4 card. I opened a drawer and took my R4 + micro SD card usb out of it and went happily to the PC. After a lot of trouble, because I forgot how to install the firmware, I was finally ready. I plugged the R4 card into my black Nintendo DSi and then it happened. "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo Dsi Operations Manual for details."
    I do not know what to do, can someone help me please? I'll put the information Below.

R4: R4i gold
    Device : Dsi XL/Dsi
    Version: Both 1.4.5E
    The R4 card shows up
    Website I used: r4ids

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Did you even bother to look at the post?
    There's a picture of the bloody card you idiot...

This is where I got confused.
    That error usually happens when your card does not support the system menu (in this case, 1.4.5).

But according to you, it apparently reads the card.
    So it must be a firmware error...

Which is weird.
    Did you download the firmware for your card from here?

3. klofno1

klofno1 New Member

Yes I downloaded the English files, but with "reading" I mean that the "game card" shows up but I cannot open it. Danny Phantom just pops up and when I open Danny Phantom it gives me that error.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

According to your cart's image, your cart is an R4i Gold from R4ids.com : http://r4ids.com/index.php/en/r4i-gold-introduction
    Based on the texts I highlighted red, it seems that you'd upgraded your DSi to v.1.45. But your cart is an old version that doesn't seems to have any upgrade for it to run on the DSi's latest firmware. Upgrading your console's firmware is a one way process, it's not reversible. Thus short to say, you'd blocked any use of flash cartridges on your DSi. Easy solution is to buy a new cart that has been pre-installed with support for DSi firmware v.1.45. Had you only installed a YSMENU/TTMENU as your cart's secondary firmware, and not upgrade your DSi console. You'd have been able to play the latest games on it.