1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with R4i Gold

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by faroosiz, Aug 14, 2011.

1. faroosiz

faroosiz Member

Ok, so my cousin gave me his DSi with the R4i Gold to get pokemon games to run on it, because he thought the original r4 and r4i gold were essentially the same, well, i tried running a few pokemon games on it (Platinum and pearl, to be specific) but i just got stuck on a white screen. So I'm pretty sure this is what will happen with pokemon black.
    Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Download latest secondary firmware Wood for R4i Gold or YSMENU for R4i SDHC . For download link and instructions check the FIRMWARE SECTION.

3. faroosiz

faroosiz Member

Um, there isn't any website on the sticker of the R4i gold :eek:

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It should be found on the box that came with it or alternatively if you had already discarded the packaging, find a picture of the cart you're using on the net, and post it here.

If its R4i Gold, try using Wood for R4i Gold from Avalondon or Wood R4iDSN from Yellow Wood Goblin. If none work, try YSMENU from Retrogamefan, use his R4 SDHC_R4i SDHC folder content. Instructions on how to add the secondary firmware are provided by the respective providers.

5. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

You should find out which r4i gold card you have, is it this one? [​IMG] format your SD card, download the latest correct firmware, try again.