1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with R4i 3DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by YogaJay, Feb 2, 2013.

1. YogaJay

YogaJay New Member

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum so please bear with me.

I have a 3DS I am trying to get to work again with my R4i card.
    Currently, the 3DS works fine but when you select the game to load the R4 I get an error message.

"An error occurred. Press and hold POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details"

I am guessing this occurred because of an update?
    My current version is 4.5.0-10U

I was using R4i 3DS card. The kernel was downloaded from r4i-sdhc.com
    I have tried to put the new updated kernel on the card: Version 1.65b
    However, I just get the same error message.

How do I proceed. I think I have read somewhere that I need to update the firmware on the card... but I do not know how to do this. Do I need to do this with another DS? Or do I need to get a new card? Looking for any suggestions...

Can anybody help?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Your 3DS's latest firmware blocks use of any flash cartridges that hasn't support v.4.5.0-10 firmware.
    Check your R4's official website for an update/upgrade so that it can be use on the 3DS's v.4.5.0-10 firmware.
    You can't perform the updating/upgrading on your own 3DS console, since it blocks itself from reading that cart.
    You need to borrow/use a DS console (NDS/NDSL/DSi/3DS) that hasn't been updated to that v.4.5.0-10 firmware.
    And just read the method from your R4's online manual regarding upgrading/updating their brand's flash cartridge.
    If there isn't any update/upgrading package from your cart's website, either wait until one comes around (God knows when) or buy a new cart that had been pre-installed with the latest version that will immediately run on v.4.5.0-10. Next time, don't upgrade your console before upgrading your cart. This is what happens when you are careless.