1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with r4cce on my EDGE. I've tried everything :[

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by diamonds00, Aug 4, 2010.

1. diamonds00

diamonds00 New Member

Hello all, the only reason I bothered to make a thread was because I am COMPLETELY lost. I have tried everything and it STILL won't work.

So here goes..

I have EDGE for my DSlite. It has worked perfectly so far in terms of game play and cheats. I have been using r4cce to edit my cheat codes and haven't really had any issues until I decided to add a code for rare candies on my HeartGold game. I have updated codes before so I didn't think I would have an issue...

The code updated smoothly, but when I popped the cartridge in my game to test it out, it didn't work. (Usually it takes a few tries until I find a code that works) so I went to change it again but this time when I attempted to open the cheats.dat file in r4cce a window popped up saying "That file is not a cheat database" This was my first problem. I wasn't able to find anything on this issue so I tried again...same warning popped up. I then made the step to delete r4cce and reinstall it on my DS. Same warning popped up. I deleted the cheats.dat file (which was working perfectly for several months prior) and decided to download a new cheat database from here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

This opened perfectly with the new r4cce, and I proceeded to click "add game" (like i've done before) and added the codes for pokemon heartgold. I added the game code, like you're supposed to and enabled it and everything, but, when I put the cartridge in and loaded the game up, instead of seeing a screen pop up that asks "Enable cheats?" which then allows me to select the cheats, it just loaded the game, cheats were no where to be found. So, I took a deep breath and did some searching...this is a list of what I did (not really in order..)

-Re-downloaded r4cce from the edge website
    -Re-downloaded a database that supposedly is made for edge (now called EDGEcheat.dat)
    -followed every instruction I could find to a T
    -deleted the shit load of game codes that I wouldn't use in r4cce (I read that it won't recognize a game's code if its at the bottom of a list thats like 400 games long)
    -tried adding the game code and made sure that the game code was correct a bunch of times
    -renamed the .dat file a bunch of times (i got a ton of different information regarding how the .dat should be named for EDGE and none of them have worked)

And after everything my DS STILL won't recognize the cheats and the screen STILL won't pop up before the game begins. (Yes, I have cheats enabled under the settings menu on the ds, yes I have everything enabled on r4cce and yes the .dat file is in the EDGE file on my microSD card)

Please help me...I'm ready to throw my ds off the roof of a 30 story building.