1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with R4 DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by NdsGamingFreak, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NdsGamingFreak

NdsGamingFreak Well-Known Member

hey there when i try to play some games on my ds it goes blank screen both top screen and bottom screen what is my problem? please help thank you.

-NdsGamingFreak ;)

2. NdsGamingFreak

also i need help how to update my r4 nds firmware its ver is 1.20

3. NdsGamingFreak

bump bump help please??

4. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

Did you try taking the micro SD out and then putting it back in the card reader?

To update your firmware, just Google "update firmware for R4"

I could be mistaken but I thought v1.18 was the latest firmware update for R4 unless of course you have the R4 SDHC

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Jiminy, 1.18 is the last yes. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

6. NdsGamingFreak

yes i try to do every way possible i think its just the firmware that makes some of my games go blank

and for the firmware i downloaded 1.18 kernel english extracted it to my comp and then drop and draged all the files over to my micro sd and then when i boot up the ds it stuck on loading am i doing it right ? help please

- NdsGamingFreak

7. Jiminy Crickets

Did you format the Micro SD card before putting the firmware on it?

And are you sure that you don't have the newer version of R4. Does it have a SDHC on it? If it does have SDHC on it then it takes a different firmware. v1.25 is the latest for R4 SDHC, I do believe.

8. NdsGamingFreak

what is a sdhc? my firmware is 1.20 and yes i formated my microsd then drop and draged all latest files in it and when i boot it still stuck on loading whats up?

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

SDHC = SD High Capacity. SDHC allowed the cards to go from 4GB to 32GB. SD cards are only up to 2GB these days. The original R4 cannot use SDHC cards. So the original R4 is only capable of using 2GB cards.

What size card are you using?

10. NdsGamingFreak

2 gb kingston

11. Jiminy Crickets

I thought you said that your firmware is v1.18 because if you are using v1.20, that may be the problem. I thought I remember hearing that v.1.20 is bunk. version 1.18 is the latest official firmware.

12. wolf2657

wolf2657 Active Member

u HAVE to format the sd card with FAT32 if you dont it wont work. try that first

13. anandjones

FAT should be the regular use.

14. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

NdeGamingFreak, can you link us to the exact website page where you bought your flashcart so we can determine what kind of cart you have? I'm assuming your problem is due to having the incorrect/out-dated firmware on your cart, and if we can determine your cart's model, we can direct you to the right firmware update.

15. NdsGamingFreak

sadly i did not buy my r4 from a website =S i baught it from a store in the mall.
    also ill try to format it with fat32.

-NdsGamingFreak

16. Jiminy Crickets

Wow, I didn't know that you could by it at a actual store. What was the name of the store that you bought it from in the mall?

17. NdsGamingFreak

i baught it at this chineese place i have a feeling my r4 is a counterfeit =S cause i just reformated with fat32 and fat and still wont work it just stay stuck at loading screen when i use the v1.20 that it came with when i first baught it , it loaded fine ... you guys think my r4 is a counterfeit?

-NdsGamingFreak

18. anandjones

Is it a specific type of R4?

19. NdsGamingFreak

what do u mean specific type of r4? my r4 chip says R4 Deluxe Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) so is that a counterfeit r4 ?

20. NdsGamingFreak

ehh i just found a site that you can see if ur r4 is fake or not sadly mine is a counterfeit =( check it out

http://www.r4ds-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1099

and is there any firmware that work with my r4? or am i stuck with this firmware for the rest of my life r4 life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.