1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need Help With PS 2 Emulator!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by LordofDead, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordofDead

LordofDead Member

Now i have a PS 2 emulator named "pscx2" v0.9.6! I have downloaded from your site Raw Vs Smackdown 2007 but i have one problem ! When i click on run i have an error about " The Specified Bios File Was Not Found ! Can you help me?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

firstly you want to use a PSX emulator not a PS2 emulator since we do not host PS2 games. ePSXe is the best PSX emulator.

that error basically means the bios image of the PS2 OS is not present. You have to download it separately because its illegal, therefore the emulator is not supplied with it. Almost all disc based console emulators require a bios file.

3. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

You will need Google and download a bios file for PS2 and then place it in the bios file within the PSX2 emulator directory in your computer's program files.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

yeah,
    google helps you in all kind of trouble..
    Google!!!!

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yes, google indeed...

I love the fact I can use ps2 disc on my laptop now thanks to that XD

Yeah, I torrented mine, so I got all the bios (nstc, nstc-j, and pal) just to be sure, and make sure the settings are done right, I was having troubles at first with mine, bios are in right place..but something wrong when using the main option...something to do with the icon.

What ever I did, the settings weren't getting saved, I doubt you would have the same stupid problem was me (forgot what caused it...but it was dumb when I figured it out :( )

BTW, i hope you checked the compatibility list, if it's not in blue, don't bother...anything else you might be able to play to the very end without a bad glitch that might make it difficult-impossible to finish.(but if you want it badly keep it anyway-a new revision might fix it)

And I hope your running a high end pc, 3-d games take alot to power, my laptop plays quake 4 on low settings, halo2 on mid, but with this..everything slows to a crawl simply due to the emulation process...except for sonic megacollection XD but devil may cry 3 is 15fps :( and gta san adnreas...12fps mostly :( (cries about fav game that's unbearably slow)

6. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

Don't forget that if you are running Vista you probably have to run it as an administrator. If I don't it wont run right and I get all sorts of errors.

When in doubt, just google it. That's what I always say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.