1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with no$gba

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ethbandit, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethbandit

ethbandit Member

I recently sold my ds and r4 because I needed the money.

I backed up all my roms and sav files.

So I'm playing SMT : Devil Survivor. The game plays fine but I don't know how to get my old sav file from my r4 to work on the no$gba.

Can someone point me to the correct direction.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I don't know where but you will need a sav converter, try googling it...

But I will comment that the flash carts wouldn't be worth all that much in resale value, if you sold it nearly as much or more than what you originally paid-whoever bought it was a downright sucker :)

(I paid $45 for my current acekard 2.i...no one would pay that much for a second hand one-more like $10 )

3. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you can try here http://shunyweb.info/convert.php

4. ethbandit

ethbandit Member

Yeah but I sold my ds so I didn't need the flash cart if I buy another ds it'll be the dsi which would need a new flash cart anyway.

Ok which file type should I convert it to I'm using no$gba 2a with no$zoomer

5. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

go through the options there, they are self explanatory

6. ethbandit

ethbandit Member

Alright I'll give it a try. Oh and quick question were do i put the sav file in after the no$gba file root?

7. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

in the battery folder

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Put it in BATTERY folder.

9. ethbandit

ethbandit Member

Thanks I just converted it and i'll put it in their right now going to test it out.
    Post Merge: [time]1258068416[/time]
    i tried the converter and put it into the battery folder. but when i ran no$gba it changed it to a way smaller fav file it was 5.4 something kb. im going to try to convert it again

10. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Just as long as the emulator loads the savegame, it's okay.

11. ethbandit

ethbandit Member

it won't load it though. i used the converter that was posted on the general help thingy. i then put the converted file into the battery file. so after that i ran no$gba 2a and when i got to the main screen it wouldn't let me load game just start a new game. after that i look at the sav file and it turns from a 512 kb file to a 5.4. my settings for sav loading is general something up to 512kb is what the read me told me to set it to.

12. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try to set it to Auto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.