1. This forum is in read-only mode.

need help with job resume

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShyriaXil, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ShyriaXil

ShyriaXil Active Member

hi I haven't been on romu for a long time lol.. I've been quite busy lately with school work but doesn't seem like there is much now so i was going to get a part time job but problem is... i don't know how to write a resume lol...
    wondering if anyone could help me :D
    or show me an example of one

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

There are lots of examples over the internet.
    Just google for it. Here is where I refer to.
    http://www.resume-resource.com/

3. ShyriaXil

ShyriaXil Active Member

oh ok thank you very much :]

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you in High School or College?

Most (if not all) colleges/universities have free programs and people that will help you build your resume and read through it, correct it, etc. Job placement is an important statistic for colleges, and many will go out of there way and do lots of stuff to help their students get a job straight after graduation. It makes them look like a better college (and actually does make them a better college).

(Note, this is true for North America... while I'm not 100% sure, it's such an important thing that I can't imagine Universities in Europe not doing it as well).

And I can't honestly find out why you would need a resume for a part time job if you are still in High School. Most part time jobs which hire high school students don't exactly require any important skills (no offense meant). It doesn't seem like a resume would be needed, they should just have an application form.

5. ShyriaXil

ShyriaXil Active Member

lol yea I'm in high school and when i went for the application they told me to come back with a resume and sign up or something on their site o_o stupid Big W lol....
    and no offense taken :D

6. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Good luck Shyria.
    Your youth may be affecting them taking you seriously.
    But if this is what you want, then make sure to draw up your resume and call them after a few weeks have passed. Just stay on it chief. If it's meant to happen it will.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Some places require a resume to apply. I know the corporate standards at my restaurant require a resume and the application. I don't really see a point though, I pretty much know if the person has a good work ethic or not just by knowing the person, since I know everyone in this town anyways.

After a week or two, definitely call them if they haven't called you. It shows you're interested.

I find the online thing so stupid, I wish it was just complimentary and not required. I know my brother in law had to apply at Best buy online, you had to do a 30 minute questionnaire, and you can fail it and it won't go through the system. I'd kill myself if I had to go through that when I applied.

8. dedboy

dedboy Guest

The Best Buy process was a lark. It more or less was a morality check.
    If you saw someone taking X amount of money would you tell? Even if it was just five bucks.

Depends?
    Am I the one taking it? :D

Would you rather argue or agree with someone?
    Again, depends, am I waking up after getting knocked out?

Just some non-nourishing food for thought.
    Skills it seems, means less than if you are,
    A. Tempted to do evil
    B. Slightly tempted to do evil
    C. Easily persuaded to do evil
    D. Doing evil.

Ptffff, whatever.